Teens arrested for McDonalds order

ydoaPs

I for one would not like to wait with my young and hungry family whilst some teenagers attempted to rap (badly) at the McDonald's clerk. These young whippersnappers need to find something more appropriate to do, like playing chicken with two vintage cars off a nearby cliff.:)

I for one would not like to wait with my young and hungry family whilst some teenagers attempted to rap (badly) at the McDonald's clerk. These young whippersnappers need to find something more appropriate to do, like playing chicken with two vintage cars off a nearby cliff.:)

Who isn't inconvenienced by kids being kids? But at the same time, who hasn't been a kid? No need for the cops to get involved.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

VIXxzCBS36Q

Wow.....just....wow

For clarification - where they arrested, or ticketed? I am confused on whether they were arrested (dragged off and charged) or issued a citation.

I think those teens should be cited. They were acting like douches, holding up the line and making everyone's life harder. All in an attempt to be...well...funny.

Now tracking them down was a little extreme, but still, I don't mind them being cited for it. They were acting like jerks.

its hardly disorderly conduct though. its not as if they done a drive-by on the guy at the window, the just gave their order in an unconventional and utterly benign manner.

if the person taking the order didn't understand it, they could have asked for them to repeat the order in a more conventional manner and if they refused to do it then they should have been told to move on and that'd be the end of it.

they weren't out to cause trouble, they were just copying a youtube video because they thought it was cool(and i have a similar viewpoint there even though i'm not really a fan of rap at all).

the only person who did ANY harm was the person who called the cops on them.

also, on the point of them holding up the line, i've seen people speaking normally taking far longer to complete an order. and you don't know if there was a line at all so you can't really make that assertion.

For clarification - where they arrested, or ticketed? I am confused on whether they were arrested (dragged off and charged) or issued a citation.
"... cited for disorderly conduct" is how I heard it. Probably the same kind of citation they'd get if they were being disruptive inside the restaurant.

I don't know, I think it was a mistake on the part of the McD's employee. In the video it says the employee felt threatened, and if the guys did say anything threatening when their rap fell flat, then I can see why the cops were called.

On the other hand, if this is a viral thing and it happens every day, I can see store owners not wanting to slow down dinner sales so some kids can be funny. I commiserate because this is just the kind of thing I would have done at that age.

I think those teens should be cited. They were acting like douches, holding up the line and making everyone's life harder. All in an attempt to be...well...funny.

Now tracking them down was a little extreme, but still, I don't mind them being cited for it. They were acting like jerks.

Maybe there is some important information left out, but it doesn't sound like it so far. So far, it sounds like they were being kids and didn't think about people behind them.

For the record, cops can remind people to be courteous to others and issue a warning - which is common in cases of inconsiderate behavior due to obliviousness. Now, for all I know the order taker asked them to order normally after the last round and they got belligerent - that would be an understandable reason to call the police, and they could have taken off after the police were called. That however, requires pulling facts out of the thin air so at best it's an explanation of what could have happened.

If all that happened are the facts already given then I'd say the drive-through op really could have solved it by saying "That's great guys, but unless you can tell me clearly what you want exactly, I'll have to just put you down for the cheeseburger - we gotta get to the people in line behind you." They would probably have been fine with it. Teens take longer to order half the time due to random giggling fits - their teens. Teens often loiter but usually you can tell them to move along and not call the cops.

Freedom of speech?

I think most of you have forgotten the Bill of Rights.

So it's OK for me to go to McD's drive-through and refuse to move my car until my manifesto has been fully stated because my freedom of speech is protected? I don't think so. I can stand behind freedom of speech as long as I'm not standing in a way that blocks others from enjoying their rights.