Funny predicament

admiral_ju00

At least I though so.

About a year ago, I saw a show about worlds dumbest drivers(or something like that) and they showed a woman somewhere in England filled her car with Diesel fuel as opposed to the regular one. So as she was driving there was a huge while wall of smoke that she was leaving behind. It was so bad that the cop who was trying to pull her over, was having trouble avoiding other cars.

Today, when I got stuck in the very same situation. The woman had somehow did the same thing and was producing very much the same scene that I saw on the TV. It was funny at first, but quickly turned to utter dismay because that was a single lane rd and no possibility to overtake her(plus she was driving 30-35mph in a 55mph zone). :mad:

I'm not sure about the gas stations in Europe, but here, it is impossible to fill diesel into a non-diesel vehicle here. The size of the hole is much smaller for the regular petrol gas. Is that about the same in Europe? Or do they have those as one size fits all kind of thing?

Anyway, I just though I'd share that. :)

Most gas stations have both. Well, maybe a 70-30 ratio, respectively.

The problem arise when you have a car that produces lots of HP/Torque.

My car is factory rated at 305HP, well, the engine is rated 305HP, but considering the HP loss, you could say that at the actual flywheel, it makes about 285-295HP(I've never dyno'ed the car so don't take that number for a fact). It is relatively light and has lots of torque. All in a word, it's a pretty powerful and fast car and when someone is driving way way below the speed limit, well, it makes one(certainly myself) want to cry.

That though was a different situation all together because not only did I have to drive slow, I had problems making out things 2-4 meters in front of me.

I'm not sure about the gas stations in Europe, but here, it is impossible to fill diesel into a non-diesel vehicle here. The size of the hole is much smaller for the regular petrol gas.

Difficult, but not impossible. I know someone (not the sharpest knife in the drawer) who recently managed to do it. Filled the tank with the diesel, got home OK because the gas is denser and stayed at the bottom of the tank and was enough for the trip, but couldn't start up the next day. Had to take the day off to get the car towed and the tank drained.