Ultrasonic Weapons

Guest roberton

I`ve experimented with infrasonics and vortex lenses, they can also cause feelings of nausea and unrest, but I wouldn`t go so far as to call the stuff I used a "weapon" more of a scientific curiosity experiment, some interesting effects though, especialy with sympathetic resonance over a distance :)

There was some experimentation with ultra-low frequences as a method of crowd-control; finding the resonating frequency of the stomach and hence making people very ill.

If I remember correctly, the only problem was that it tended to kill people because the resonating frequency of the heart was very similar.

Definitely a terrorist weapon.Anyone know the range of such a weapon?

Depends on the size of the speaker/poweramp you get.

And a bomb with a load of shrapnel is much more effective.

your idea of a "bomb" isn`t a bad one, there`s no reason at all that such a device MUST be electricaly powered, I can hear a baritone tuba quite well and loud, it could be quite possible to contain a small explosion, and use the gasses through a resonator to great effect!

just an idea :)

i heard that if u fill a water tight metal compartment with water, and seal it , so that it has only water init. then you cool it down below freezing temp. the metal box will explode with ferocious power. is that true?

i heard that if u fill a water tight metal compartment with water, and seal it , so that it has only water init. then you cool it down below freezing temp. the metal box will explode with ferocious power. is that true?
I suppose it would if you could freeze it instantly. The water would expand as it freezes because water molecules in crystals take up more space than they do in liquid form. The box wouldn't be able to contain it and would break apart. How violently would depend on how quickly the water was frozen. If you froze it gradually the box would break apart gradually.