House of Commons Debate

bloodhound

I absolutely love those debates. Tony Blair does a really splendid job of defending his position. He is very witty, and can think very fast on his feet. and he enjoys bringing up dirt on the opposition. And so is Michael Howard(opposition leader). I loved his performance against Gordon Brown(Chancellor of the Exchequer). during the last budget. And I find the Booing and Shouting of the BackBenchers very amusing as well. What a great tradition. I wonder how GWBush would stand up to this style of unrehearsed grilling.

that was ages ago. he is more experienced now

He had been PM for 4 years at the time. You'd think decades in politics, being leader of the party for 7 and PM for over half of that would have given him the ability to think on his feet.

Personally, I feel it was because Hague was an exceptionally good speaker.

if he was such a good tactician, why was need for a new leadership?

Because, aside from doing things which the public actively hates, such as announcing an extra 50% tax increase, it's the worst possible tactic imaginable.

oh well. i like mikal hoard. hes really funny when he speaks. and his finger pointing and stuff. love him

I personally think he's a tit. And a bloody big one at that.

Stupid idiot tried to bring in poll tax.

And as far as the debates are concerned, I was quite upset when John Smith died and Blair took over. He was like a breath of fresh air for the Labour party and I heard some absolutely cracking debates when he was there.