Cap'n Refsmmat

Do you like spam?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you like spam?

• EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!
    • I like it.
    • Never tried.

EEEEEEEEEW!

I believe the entire world supply of Spam was created by Hormel in 1937 and they've simply been relableing it over the years to make it look like they still process it. 1937 was the year of the Great Prairie Dog Infestation in Minnesota. Billions of them disappeared almost overnight.

I invite you to put the clues together yourselves. I can say no more, as my family is under a court-imposed gag order.

I`m not actualy sure you can get Spam here in the UK, I`ve not seen it (I`ve not looked either though) the closest we have here is Luncheon Meat so I guess for any Brits that like/dislike Luncheon Meat, you`de be the same with Spam Meat.

I personaly wouldn`t eat it without cooking it, I resent the idea of all that fat, a little bit is nice and good for you, but in the ingredients list, it comes 3`rd. After water and mechanicaly recovered meat (usualy a high pressure air hose over a production line and caught in a vat).

Salt is remarkably high on the list of things in it as well, but you may safely say that in a 100 gram can, about 40 to 50% is actualy good for you in any way. that`s why it makes excellent "comfort food" :)

Cool, I`ve not had it in years (Since I lived in Canada). I use cubed luncheon meat or that Bacon Sizzle you can get in the cans instead, they`re just as good (or bad depending on your view).

roll on next shopping day, been ages since I had fried Prairie Dog :)