deceleration & centripetal force

michel123456

Michel tries to compare the effect with a slowed rotation for Earth.

I tried moving the OT posts to the appropriate thread, but (at present) the links aren't working to the "old" SFN, so I could not quickly find that thread.

Earth is not enclosed inside a huge container where stuff are affected by friction against the bottom or the walls.

Correct. But the core is (if one takes into account the supposition that the core does not rotate at the same rate with the crust).

It has been estimated that the core is rotating slightly faster than the crust. So I guess the relation core/crust could be about the same with the relation tea/cup.

-------------------------------

Besides, when I observed the tea-leaf phenomena for the first time, it was soo obvious (and still is) that it's all about deceleration. So evident that I didn't even ask myself whether it could have another cause. Take a cup of tea and make the experiment for yourself.

Besides, when I observed the tea-leaf phenomena for the first time, it was soo obvious (and still is) that it's all about deceleration. So evident that I didn't even ask myself whether it could have another cause. Take a cup of tea and make the experiment for yourself.

The deceleration itself does not bring the objects together.

I suggest you make the following experiment:

Put a ball in a bucket, take the bucket and hold it firmly while you rotate with your arms streached out.

Will the ball move closer towards you when you slow down the rotation speed ?

If deceleration is involved the ball will roll out if you decelerate fast enough, and if not it will stay in the bucket.

That doesn't help your case, you still have friction and currents flowing in the fluid acting on the objects, it's still a tea-leaf phenomen.

If you want to show that "it's all about deceleration" then you need to find a way to reduce other influences to a minimum.