How much do u download??

bloodhound

I just found out that NTL (my ISP) sneekely introduced bandwith cap of 1Gig/day. which most customers dont know about.

This is really old news - they introduced the cap in 2002.

NTL is by no means the only capped service, but they do average the load over a given 3-day period so they are less likely to penalise you than other providers.

Graphics don't look all that impressive compared to UT2004, but what settings are you using?

Um its the beta.

In this beta you cant change the settingsI would assume it would be low tho.

but the sound effects lighting and shodows are real cool

Guest Tracker00

last month i did 230 gb... i only found out because Cox network security stopped our internet and we had to call them to turn it back on.

Graphics don't look all that impressive compared to UT2004, but what settings are you using?

Yes they do. The character models especially (look at the critter). The dynamic lighting is a step forward, and there are a huge number of other improvements.

The UT2K4 engine is 2 or 3 years old by this point; the Doom 3 engine is bleeding edge.

True. Online gaming's a sucker for bandwidth as well.

Bandwidth, yes. But Bandwidth =! Download/Upload. Online games usually use a hideously small amount of actual traffic.

doom3 beta is out. dont know if its legal.

From what I hear, it's just a 'community enhanced' (whatever that means) of the stolen Alpha code from last year. There's no 'out', strictly speaking, and it definitely isn't legal, complete, or guaranteed to not do things to your computer.