Evanescence

Dave

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure this isn't a Christian rock group.

Well, they are not a 'true' Christian rock band preaching the gospel. However they would all like to snog Jesus, given half the chance. With tongues and everything.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/music/glimpses/2003/fallen.html

http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=213059

I didn’t read your links but a while ago I read that they publicly denied having anything to do with Christianity. Overnight all the Christian bookstores took the album off the shelf. Maybe something has changed sense then.

Yea, they did publically deny being Christians.

“I have to blame that on Ben,” Lee says now. “Even back when we were 15, he was saying, ‘Jesus saved my soul,’ and I knew it would bring trouble.” Blender, April 2004

Overnight all the Christian bookstores took the album off the shelf. Maybe something has changed sense then.

This is why I hate all Christianity "merchanise" stores.

And yes, all Christian rock sucks. Badly.

Can't say I've ever listened to Linkin Park or ever cared to. Just like bloodhound said, it seemed, from the little bits I have heard, to be the music where the goal is to be as loud as a possible and top it off with a bunch of screaming.

yes. i have indeed listenened to them. i am not that ignorant to comment about their "music" without listening to them. their music has no sophistication and creativity. all of their songs are based on the same formula to please their brainwashed fans. they havent made any progress at all to standard of music like other bands in the past have done.

linkin park is shit. more noise than music. you pple wont notice decent music even if it slapped you across your face and started to rape you.

Ha...and again..HA..once more with emphasis...HAHA!!! I dont think you understand the sophistication of the melodious crecendos in Linkin Park's pieces. They use pitch changes like metallica, they melt hip hop, rock, and classical together to make the perfect hybrid of music. Ive heard my share of every kind of music on the planet and I cant say that Ive heard any better than they! now I ask you WHY would you say something like that!?

Ha, Linkin Park. I hate bands that try and communicate through ohso subtle subtext to there 'fans'. Calling an album ‘Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavoured Water’ just for the subtext about anal sex isn’t 1337. If I liked crude double entendres I’d watch crap British 70’s sit comms. It dosn't make the band edgy, it's just sad.

Linkin park are two steps away from Vanilla Ice in the talent stakes. Using a mix tape isn't fusion, it's covering up a lack of talent and variety.

Ha' date=' Linkin Park. I hate bands that try and communicate through ohso subtle subtext to there 'fans'. Calling an album ‘Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavoured Water’ just for the subtext about anal sex isn’t 1337. If I liked crude double entendres I’d watch crap British 70’s sit comms. It dosn't make the band edgy, it's just sad.

Linkin park are two steps away from Vanilla Ice in the talent stakes. Using a mix tape isn't fusion, it's covering up a lack of talent and variety.[/quote']

what "oh so subtle subtext" has linkin park used?

hmm, im sorry you feel that way. I dont understand why anyone would hate a hybrid. Its the best of many things. Do you hate beats? bass? melody? I can understand not liking the singing (when not screaming) but chester bennington isnt the most talented singer ever. Meteora wasnt like their older stuff, which was better. But still, if you ignore chester's voice, there's nothing to hate about Linkin Park!

I dont think you understand the sophistication of the melodious crecendos in Linkin Park's pieces. They use pitch changes like metallica, they melt hip hop, rock, and classical together to make the perfect hybrid of music. Ive heard my share of every kind of music on the planet and I cant say that Ive heard any better than they! now I ask you WHY would you say something like that!?

Melodious cresendos alone dont make good music. even their melodies get boring after a while. u talk about pitch change. of course they MUST use pitch change. after all they are playing some "MUSIC". i cannot see where you see classical being melted. i only see bits of classical pieces being ripped off, segwayed into some parts of songs to make their music more "Sensitive"

what "oh so subtle subtext" has linkin park used?

Read my post, the albums title. Lyrics and song titles follow the same form.

hmm, im sorry you feel that way. I dont understand why anyone would hate a hybrid.

It's not a hybrid. That's my point.

Hang on, I have a theory. Can you actually play an instrument or read music?