Evanescence

Dave

Melodious cresendos alone dont make good music. even their melodies get boring after a while. u talk about pitch change. of course they MUST use pitch change. after all they are playing some "MUSIC". i cannot see where you see classical being melted. i only see bits of classical pieces being ripped off, segwayed into some parts of songs to make their music more "Sensitive"

Ok...if you were a little more cultured in the musical world, you would understand what I meant when I said, LIKE METALLICA!!! Metallica uses them to keep things interesting in their songs. unpredictable, dramatic, intense, AWESOME! the most complex pieces use dramatic pitch changes JUST LIKE METALLICA, and so does Linkin Park

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read my post' date=' the albums title. Lyrics and song titles follow the same form.

It's not a hybrid. That's my point.

Hang on, I have a theory. Can you actually play an instrument or read music?[/quote']

Why yes, I can. I play piano, on the side. but I dont have a lot of time to do it. Why?

Ok...if you were a little more cultured in the musical world, you would understand what I meant when I said, LIKE METALLICA!!! Metallica uses them to keep things interesting in their songs. unpredictable, dramatic, intense, AWESOME! the most complex pieces use dramatic pitch changes JUST LIKE METALLICA, and so does Linkin Park

Dude, I am trained as a classical musician, so I know what i am talking about. Dramatic pitch change didnt make metallica good. It was the quality of their music which made them a good band. Your logic is all wrong. A good piece of music will have all those features your talking about. But having all those features in a piece of music won't make it good. You talking about Linkin park being complex. HAHAHAH. i have never heard more than 4 lines of music in their song at a same time.

First of all, congrats on your musical career, but that doesnt make you an expert or, give you an athority to criticize music that you dont understand. You trained as a classical musician correct? well then y should we take your opinion on LP seriously!? You dont like it! SO what? I spend a crap load of my time listening to ALL KINDS of music, I listen to it constantly! When Im without it I feel almost alone. but thats not the point. LP is one of the most creaive bands Ive ever heard. Along with evanescance. Now, you have your opinion, but please, understand that it means about as much as a bowl full of blue crap does to me.

Why yes, I can. I play piano, on the side. but I dont have a lot of time to do it. Why?

I have a theory that not understanding the layering in composition, pace and meter etc makes it easer to enjoy music as just nice noise. Most people I meet that like crap rock don’t play instruments or read music. Like Bloodhound, crap music annoys me on a technical level.

When you’re talking about the layering Linkin Park use, they are following (not very well) the format of Carleen Anderson, Massive Attack, The Prodigy et al. Even the Beatles were doing this at one point. Considering the sampling work that goes into most modern music to make it more interesting, it’s remarkably overlooked. The only reason Linkin Park stands out is because they are cack handed at it.

To put it another way, the idea of musical fusion is the essence of Jazz. It’s not a new format invented by Linkin Park. They are very musically generic; it’s the posturing that people sign up for and not the music.

The only time I enjoy listening to the super-metal genre is when I’m out with surfer pals, and in a mosh pit. You only need noise and energy for that though. I don’t think Linkin Park actually crop up that much in the metal music scene, it seems more mainstream pop imho.

I have a theory that not understanding the layering in composition' date=' pace and meter etc makes it easer to enjoy music as just nice noise. Most people I meet that like crap rock don’t play instruments or read music. Like Bloodhound, crap music annoys me on a technical level.

When you’re talking about the layering Linkin Park use, they are following (not very well) the format of Carleen Anderson, Massive Attack, The Prodigy et al. Even the Beatles were doing this at one point. Considering the sampling work that goes into most modern music to make it more interesting, it’s remarkably overlooked. The only reason Linkin Park stands out is because they are cack handed at it.

To put it another way, the idea of musical fusion is the essence of Jazz. It’s not a new format invented by Linkin Park. They are very musically generic; it’s the posturing that people sign up for and not the music.

The only time I enjoy listening to the super-metal genre is when I’m out with surfer pals, and in a mosh pit. You only need noise and energy for that though. I don’t think Linkin Park actually crop up that much in the metal music scene, it seems more mainstream pop imho.[/quote']

wait a second, give me another band that has sounded similar to Linkin Park, I mean in a sense of Hip Hop, rock, rap, and a little techno. They're not exactly generic by today's standards! Pop, is britney spears, and crapholes like her (no offense to any spears fans on the site, im sure she's a very nice lady :) )

In any case, I dont think that LP is exactly the common band. I would say the band that every rock group is trying to emulate today is Pearl Jam. lol

never listened to evanesance .. but from what i heard its just LP with female vocals, so i wont bother until someone whose musical sense i respect reccommends it to me.

I would suggest listening to a few of their songs, until you make your all knowing jurisdiction. They're actually really good, although yea, a little depressing at times, but the music is what counts

The Prodigy.

I’m getting the feeling that listening to my CD collection would be your personal hell.

Well that depends, what does it include. It would only really be hell if it was just Country, elevator musak and Polka.

Everything else, is good with me.

my personal favorites are, classical, hard rock, rock, fusion, techno, hip-hop and some rap, (none of that ghetto, gangsta' biiiiiach rap tho!) and whatever you would call peter gabriel :) (he fits into many fields)

does anyone here listen to "Dreamtheater". i listen to them because i find the traditional 4/4 time of many bands boring . while dreamtheater uses times like 7/4 and 9/8 and interchanges them several times during a song. find it more interesting to listen to. than just plain 4/4

Well that depends' date=' what does it include. It would only really be hell if it was just Country, elevator musak and Polka.

Everything else, is good with me.

my personal favorites are, classical, hard rock, rock, fusion, techno, and whatever you would call peter gabriel :) (he fits into many fields)[/quote']

At the moment, George Gershwins Rhapsody in Blue is playing on my PC :eek: . I'm more of a Blues fan to be honest.

A random handgrap of CD's:-

Skunk Anasie

Massive Attack

Primal Scream

Tracy Chapman

Morcheeba

Robert Johnson

The music scene in the UK is going a bit Jazz at the moment with Jamie Cullum, Amy Winehouse and Joss Stone. So like a good capitalist, I've been listening to those albums recently.

Malmsteem? who or what is that? think I would like it?

http://www.yngwie.org/

He is one of the "shredders" from the past era. one of the fastest guitarists. Altough fell out with many of his fans because of his apparent lack of sensitivity in music and his need to play blazing guitar all the time. also his music is very neo-classical. using various modes and scales, so it sounds like a drum beat has been added to a classical piece. (not all of his songs)

his full name is "Yngwie Malmsteen " try to pronouce that!!! and he has appreared with many famous guitarists like steve vai, satriani. etc

anyway i am off to watch TV and to find my malmsteen cd which i seem to have lost

linkin park is shit. more noise than music. you pple wont notice decent music even if it slapped you across your face and started to rape you.

that wording is beautiful enough to be in a poem. But i don't agree. I do hate overplayed mainstream crap, but there are a few (evan. and linkin) that are pretty good. So how new does it have to be for you to hate it? do you like Nirvana or Smashing Pumkins? Red Hot Chilli Peppers? i love the chilli peppers