String Theory

ydoaPs

When we close threads we don't expect to see another thread opened with the same subject.

Nobody has said that you aren't supposed to answer questions using string theory. Go back and actually read JaKiri's post this time.

Listen, if the problem with the thread was just the forum it was placed under, then I would have moved the thread.

The problem was that it was - and this one is - redundant. NOBODY TOLD YOU THAT YOU COULD NOT USE STRING THEORY. You are referring to JaKiri's comments to you regarding the use of non-model physics in responses to questions that have model answers.

If you don't understand what he means one might imagine he is the best candidate for explaining the matter.

you're the one that said that was the problem with it.

I never said I was talking about Jakiri.

basically you are saying "don't answer questions with string theory if you can do it with the standard model"? what about questions like "why does a particle have the charge or spin that it does?" you would say "it just does" when it is explained by string theory.

You are referring to JaKiri's comments to you regarding the use of non-model physics in responses to questions that have model answers.
what about questions like "why does a particle have the charge or spin that it does?" you would say "it just does" when it is explained by string theory.

He says they have answers without string theory. But Jakiri is best to be saying this.