Comprehensive Scientific books on Energy

Moralman

Dear Friends

kind regards

I have been reading on how Energy makes up all matter (both living and non living) and how one type of Energy can convert from one type to another.

From the Scientific viewpoint, Energy is the beginning point and primary reason for everything.

I recently looked at the following website and was impressed with its content.

1. Link removed by unimpressed Moderator.

I was impressed with this website and the articles that explained how Energy worked.

Do you know of a book that has a comprehensive overview on Energy and all of its movements as depicted in the above website.

If you could get back to me with your suggestions I'd be so grateful.

yours thankfully

John

Edited by Phi for All

Moralman, we don't allow new members to take us offsite since it so closely resembles all the spam attempts we get on a daily basis. I'm sure the other members can recommend books on energy that will fill your needs without advertising for someone else.

Dear Friends

kind regards

I simply put that link here to point out that the site had alot of information on it that I am interested in, but I understand the moderator's concerns.

I will then ask my question in this way to the members of this forum.

Are there any comprehensive books on Thermodynamics and Photosynthesis that you would recommend?

If you could help me with this query I'd appreciate it.

yours thankfully

John

Introduction to Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics by Smith, Van Ness, and Abbott is a good start.

Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics by S. Sandler is excellent, and a good second book.

These will give a good practical introduction to thermodynamics.

Any book with something like "Heat Transfer" in the title will be good about how energy and heat naturally move around.

Then, once you've mastered the above, you can get into the deep theories as espoused in books like Truesdell's Rational Thermodynamics and finally Thermodynamics and Its Applications by Tester and Modell. If you can master Tester and Modell, you will have an expert's understanding of thermodynamics.