The milky way

The milky way galaxy is our home it is where our earth is. The milky way is 100,000 light years across and our closest neighbor the andromeda galaxy ...well i don't know how big that galaxy is but as we all know we are all part of a place called the cosmos.The cosmos has millions of galaxies, none of my other 5th grade classmates know that there is another galaxy in the universe, that sometimes scares me but thats why i dont sit by any of those kind of kids ...well thats all...i guess

***TEXAS ROCKS Y'ALL***:cool:

Edited by juice
need to add texas logo to other states

We are toward the "edge" of the Milky Way. From what I understand, if it were physically possible to create an infinitely large plane upon which to create a scale model of the universe, with the earth being the size of the head of a pin, going sixty five miles an hour away from the earth toward the center of the galaxy on this model would take over fifty years.

I'd like to note also that there aren't merely "millions" of galaxy, but billions. I believe we factually know tat there are at least 100 billion galaxies. Which is incomprehensible.