Bridging the high school - college gap

Luckygamer

I'll be graduating high school soon and heading into college for Chemical Engineering. I'm not going to lie, I feel kind of unprepared. Does anyone know of any good books I could read to refresh me on my chemistry? Everything I find is either far to easy or way to technical.

First of all, check your degree program. You may be taking introductory chemistry in college anyway.

I'm sure I will be. I just don't want to go 3 months without doing something to prepare for it. I'm under the impression that the career I have chosen will be incredibly difficult, so I'm trying to prep myself as much as possible.

Have you already taken some level of chemistry? If you've done relatively advanced chemistry in high school (but have forgotten most of it), you could get one of the AP Chemistry review books. They try to explain the material in an accessible way to people who've already learned most of it and just want a refresher.