If aliens were visiting earth

Mr Skeptic

Suppose aliens have been visiting Earth. Then, the aliens most likely are ...  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Suppose aliens have been visiting Earth. Then, the aliens most likely are ...

• Travelers from another star colonizing asteriods
    • Travelers who occasionally stop by to study us and leave
    • Remnants of an early human civilization
    • Remnants of a pre-human civilization still present in the solar system
    • A secret, technologically advanced group of humans living hidden here on earth
    • Time travelers from our future
    • Supernatural beings we might as well call Gods or God.
    • Some other option (please specify)

Dismissive? Disrespecable? No way Moontan. I had heard the expression somewhere before and thought perhaps it covered all the bases from anywhere in the universe. The Transcendental thing are the three expanations below.

1.Asserting a fundamental irrationality or supernatural element in experience.

2.Surpassing all others; superior.

3.Beyond common thought or experience; mystical or supernatural.

The Teleportation thing is a," hypothetical method of transportation" (Star Wars or Star Treck) I think; in which matter or information is dematerialized, usually instantaneously, at one point and recreated at another. Heck of it is, I'm dumb enough to believe it will eventually happen!!

My intent was to say that since Alpha Centaur, the closest star system to us (a three star system), is about 4.5 light years from earth, and we know so very little about it, would it really matter where aliens came from if they had such a capability? I believe many "civilizations" are likely scattered throughout the gadzillion star systems of the universe. And if any of them are more intelligent than we are, and can get here from wherever, we could and probably would learn a lot from them.

Edited by rigney