How do you vote?

jordan

How do you vote?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How do you vote?

• What's best for __________ (See opening post for clarification)
    • What's best for me and/or my family
    • Both (Explain please)
    • I don't vote
    • I can't vote

For number one, the underscore can represent the jurisdiction of whatever level of government the person you vote for represents whether it's a county, state or the entire country (or even whatever other countries might use).

When I vote I consider the ramifications for both myself/family and for the country as a whole. I try to vote in a way that I feel the most people benefit. I have to admit that the possible effects to my family and friends take precedence, but I fell that what is best for them is often best for the rest of the country. When there is a conflict I try to weigh how much my family/friends will be affected compared to the rest of the country.

I don't vote for whomever would put me in a better personal situation. I vote for the party that has the best political and socioeconomic track record. I don't listen to what the spokespuppet churns out, as it's mostly misrepresentation and flexible promises. If a party has had the same effective solutions, they show consistance. If the party change policy every 4 weeks, they are not worth any attention.

In short I pick the person I vote for based on who best sorted out the problems we have at the moment, in the past.

I can't vote, but if I could... let's see, I suppose my views right now would say that I'd vote for what I believe is best for the country. At least with my views currently, I COULDN'T really vote for what's better for myself or my family, since I have no clue what would help or hurt me/us.

'Course, my views have been pretty closed-minded, and I *am* under 18, so maybe my views are just based on what my dad says. Perfectly possible, I suppose...