Windows XP Starter Edition

Dave

well, it depends, is that 3 programs, such as IE and word. or 3 processes? such as norton runs about 6 processe in the background.

i still dont think it will be a popular as linux, coz linus is free, and this is not, but it has a good name.... MICROSOFT behind it!

why is linux free? i dont really know much about them. or makes it?

the thing with this is that at the end of the day, linux is still free, and this is not. i'm sure some people will buy it, but it will never be as popular as linux [because linux is free] and this is not.

(refers to countries where this is being released... it's only being released in poorer countries where the free linux has taken off most, read the BBC article.)

Is it me, or is this completely useless? Only being allowed to have 3 concurrent applications open at any one time?
The worst part is it doesn't have any networking. WTF are you supposed to do with a network-less computer? You may as well have a games console.

Unfortunately not.

They advertise the 3 program limit as "Simplified Task Management", with the limiting of the display resolution to 800x600 coming under that banner too.

There is no support for sharing anything over the network. Printers, files and whatnot.

It's a bag of crap MS should be ashamed of.

yes cap'n, but this is even more crap than normal. you may as well just run dos. or better still run linux. the whole point of this XP started was to counteract linux's popularity, but i dont think its gonna do it's job!