Cell

Primarygun

I am curious of how cells can store food as granules,

how cells can absorb water,how nucleus can control the cell activities and how would the glucose store in one cell. Can everyone tell me?

Moreover, I want to question about whether xylem has cytoplasm , cell membrane or mitochondria. :confused:

Glucose is slightly modified to glycogen for storage in our body. Plants store sugars in the forms of starches. If glucose were used as a storage molecule, every molecule of glucose would be surrounded by water molecules, because glucose is fairly hydrophilic. This increases the weight of the stored glucose, and this is less efficient than using more hydrophobic molecules like glycogen. These bunch up together exclude water, and will weigh quite a bit less than the same amount of glucose. Triglycerides, the fats we use to store energy over the long term, are more hydrophobic, and will contain very little water. Adipocytes, the fat cells, have a little drop triglycerides in them, like a drop of cooking oil in water. The trade off is that it makes it harder to transport these molecules through your body, and breaking them down is more complicated.