projectile

=-can anybody here help me??

my teacher ask me about this:

HAVING THE SAME VELOCITY, AND FROM THE SAME HEIGHT.

WHAT WOULD HIT FIRST ? A FREE FALL BODY? OR A PROJECTILE BODY?

I told my teacher that at (zero degree angle) both body will fall at the same time.

he ask me what if not zero angle??

so i told him.. free fall will hit first.

but i saw a unconvincing reaction from his face. therefore he wasn't convince with my answer..

any body help me convince my teacher if i am ryt.

or if i am wrong... show some proof??

please...

Remember that the motion of an body can be separated into its vector components. Namely x, and y components; and its often convenient to set the y-axis normal [perpendicular] to the ground since gravity pulls in that direction.

So your object with [math]\theta=0[/math] has an x-velocity component of 0. Your object released at [math] |\theta|>0[/math] has some velocity in the x-direction, but is there anything different about it's y-component when compared to the other body? Think carefully.

Edited by mississippichem

IMO, by your descriptions, a "free fall" body has zero initial velocity, a "projectile body" has a non-zero initial velocity, and "zero degree [launch] angle" sounds like any initial velocity would be horizontal. A positive launch angle would initially loft the projectile body a bit upward. A negative launch angle would give a projectile body a "head start" on the free-fall body. Have I understood the problem correctly?