cold fusion help

james-p

i am doing cold fusion for a science fair project and i was wondering if any one has heard of a buildable cold fusion reactor, as i will try to build one as a experiment, but i havent founed any with concrete instructions to asemble one yet. does anyone have a idea on how to build one.

thanks for you help.

i have seen some that require putting a paladium into a deuturium solution and passing a electric curent trough it but i couldint find any proof or instructions on how to do this.

That is most definitely a scam. There is no way to supply enough energy to overcome the repulsion of electrons or nuclei between atoms with electrolysis.

You might want to consider a different project, or maybe something else to do with fusion that doesn't involve producing fusion yourself. I think you will have trouble producing muons without a large budget. If no muons, then you will need a massive laser or some type of fission device to reach the temperatures required to cause fusion. Your projected cost outlook is surely over a few million dollars. I don't know about you, but I can't afford that :).

And if you can afford that - can we get jobs as advisors?

If you really want to study nuclear/atomic physics then I am sure there are other avenue that you can go down - I don't know what age group you are part of but you can build your own geiger counter. At a slightly easier level - but with great results - what about a cloud chamber? You can get trails from cosmic rays, which is beyond cool (well it is in my tiny mind)

My advice is not to base your science fair project on a scam. No one has ever built a fusion reactor that can provide energy yet, although the hot fusion reactors have gotten to the point where they get more energy out than they put in, not counting the energy to create the reactor. The only cold fusion I've seen that isn't a scam is muon-catalyzed fusion, but that has an energy loss because muons are hard to get and they decay too quickly.

Oh, and any website that titles itself "infinite energy" is probably full of scams. They always know so much about energy that they never build working energy generators and sell the electricity, because they know better than to try their own advice.