Can you answer this?

ieuo

I was trying to calculate the speed of something over a small distance and convert it into mph. Turns out I forgot how.

Anyways as I was attempting to remember I came up with this:

If 360,000 jet cars travel across a 3.4 mile long bride in 1 hour,

what is the average speed for each jet car in mph?

Edited by ieuo

I was trying to calculate the speed of something over a small distance and convert it into mph. Turns out I forgot how.

what is the average speed for each jet car?

Depends on distance between jet cars? If the jet cars drive at a distance (front-to-front) of say 100 ft apart then the total length of the cue is ca 360,000 x 100 ft = 6818 miles. The last jet car will pass the end of the bridge after driving 6818 miles + 3.4 miles ~ 6822 miles and will have done so in 1 hour. Since the cars are assumed to be spaced 100 ft apart they all have the same speed.

If instead the jet cars drive in 360,000 parallel lanes, the average speed will be 3.4 miles per hour. ;)

what is the average speed for each jet car in mph?

I see that wedding fever has taken hold.

Depends on distance between jet cars? If the jet cars drive at a distance (front-to-front) of say 100 ft apart then the total length of the cue is ca 360,000 x 100 ft = 6818 miles. The last jet car will pass the end of the bridge after driving 6818 miles + 3.4 miles ~ 6822 miles and will have done so in 1 hour. Since the cars are assumed to be spaced 100 ft apart they all have the same speed.

If instead the jet cars drive in 360,000 parallel lanes, the average speed will be 3.4 miles per hour. ;)

You caught me, trick question :)

Most people I asked didn't catch on to that. I guess it was the wording or something. ( ORIGINAL: If 360,000 jet cars crossed 3.4 miles in 1 hour what is there average speed?)

Anyways thanks for that.

And yea it was a typo.

Edited by ieuo

You caught me, trick question :)

Most people I asked didn't catch on to that. I guess it was the wording or something. ( ORIGINAL: If 360,000 jet cars crossed 3.4 miles in 1 hour what is there average speed?)

So, how many lanes does the brid(g)e have, can the jet cars fly, what color are they, and what is the name of the driver of the first jet car that arrives at the bridge?

So, how many lanes does the brid(g)e have, can the jet cars fly, what color are they, and what is the name of the driver of the first jet car that arrives at the bridge?

Depends on who is observing and at what time they observe. However at all times the drivers name is Bobo.

Edited by ieuo