Gravity 1 & Gravity 2

griffithsuk

Some people may believe your ideas, but that just proves you can fool some of the people all of the time.

No need to thake the micky mate. If you know more, then there must be a time when you did not.

Some people may believe your ideas, but that just proves you can fool some of the people all of the time.

ugh it gets caught up in the jet stream which is caused (in part) by the Coriolis effect. So, it doesn't go straight up and down as you think.

Im not talking floating baloons on jet streams, im talking rockets, your just adding confusion.

The earth is 12000 miles wide, so on earth my rotation speed is 12000 * PI.

If I fly up 12000 miles them Im guessing that my rotation speed is 36000 * PI.

Is this true? Or is my rotation speed still 12000 * PI?

Edited by dumber

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said above the drift will depend not only on your final height but the time you are there and all of your velocities at ever different height to get there.

And

!

Moderator Note

as swantsont said above sock puppets are not allowed.

All I knows is If I jump, I go streight up,.

No, you don't. It just seems that way because the difference between your trajectory and the rotation of the Earth, while real, is very, very, very small. Edited by Janus