Spare Time

islamuzlum

How do you spend your time when you're not doing anything? In my spare time I always read books on history. What about you guys?

I sometimes log into various forums to discuss Expanding Earth Theories with people that are interested in hearing about them.

I try to come up with ideas for more productive things to do with my time, which leads me into complex pondering about the nature and purpose of productivity, whether all activities popularly viewed as 'productive' in fact are, and what life would be like if everyone engaged in only productive activities or activities that reduced the use of material resources and labor. My main finding is that people would gain a lot of spare time, but they would have to use it in ways that didn't use up extra resources or require other people to give up more of their spare time to produce extra goods and services for them to consume.

Edited by lemur

I also like to read but not just history I like to read pretty much anything although mainly non fiction and science fiction. I have been wanting to tackle The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire for a while now, I downloaded it a while back. Have you ever read the Books?

What is this "spare time" of which you speak?

It means your idle time, when you have nothing to do; it could be also be your leisure time or to be specific free time.

I ban people (with proper permission, of course) who break forum rules, such as promoting their Expanding Earth Theories, or other nonsense, outside of the speculations forum.

That is a productive way of spending your free time swansont. I am just curious though how many members did break the rules here?

Not sure how... but for some reason I still roam free :)

Speculations are allowed as long as you abide by the rules and keep discussions polite and scientific.

IMHO the staff here is very friendly and allows posters lots of wiggle room, it's needed to disobey the rules more than once and ignore several warnings before a permanent ban takes place.