A Further Introduction and Call for Support

AJLatham

Sorry to bother you and gate crash in on your community. Although I realize I am new here and what I am asking may be a bit much, I hope you will get behind me in my attempt to obtain seeding funds.

My name is Andrew James Latham, a current masters student from the University of Auckland and a budding cognitive neuroscientist. For my PHD I want to start up a research program dedicated to looking at the cognitive and neural correlates of religiosity, morality and most importantly the interaction between them. While this is huge area it is one that I want to carry on with and become (hope to, if optimism is too much) a world leader in.

AMP is currently running 'Do Your Thing...' scholarship or which one category is a 'People's Choice'. The winner of this category receives $10 000 NZD, which would provide the necessary seeding in order to run Behavioural/Genetic/EEG/MRI/fMRI and DTI pilots. There are additional scholarships, however, this is one I have direct influence on.

Voting is Simple, all you have to do is follow this link and hit the 'Vote for Me' Button.http://www.doyourthi...ew-james-latham

Although I realise you probebly get many messages of this nature, I am hoping that I can get the online community behind me to produce what will be a world class program. Please feel free to ask any questions!

Kind Regards,Andrew James Latham

Edited by AJLatham

Hi Andrew. I've seen your details on the AMP scholarships page and am interested to hear more about how you intend to address the cognitive neuroscience of religiosity and morality. How might you use techniques such as EEG and MRI to address religiosity and morality? - Josh