CALLING ALL SPARKY'S (Electrics) Need help with simple schematics

funkyyyy

Okay he everyone, my first post here as I am in desperation for confirmation that these schematics will work. This seemed like the most suitable forum section to post this, apologies if it is not.

I am in year 12 doing my HSC, and for DT I have decided to construct a guitar cabinet in which ambient temperature can be controlled and monitored (preserves guitar in extremes of weather).

I have come up with my system, and will do my best to explain it to you below. Could you please tell me if it would work?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Heating +/- : -------> 150W Ceramic heater (Input 240VAC )

240V Wall outlet (Australia) -----------> STC-1000 Thermostat (Input: 220-240VAC @ 50-60hz, Outputs: 220VAC )

______________________________________________________________________________________________________Cooling +/- : --------> 250W ATX Power supply (Input 240VAC, Output 12,5,3V) -------> 120mm case fans (12V)

Okay as you can see I am running power from the wall, into the thermostat, and the thermostat is distributing power according to what temperature I set it at. I am using the ATX power supply as an "inverter" so I can cool the case with the 120mm fans which run on 12V instead of 220V. What do you guys think? Here is an image of the thermostat input/outputs.

temperature%20controller%20stc-1000%204.JPG

Edited by funkyyyy

Do you know that fans don't cool the air?

Reminds me of when I was in Singapore. My wife saw me coming up the road at the same time as she bought some ice cream. She stood under the ceiling fan to keep the ice cream cool!

She is musically gifted - enough said?

Later Edit:- I have just realised that since the project concerns a guitar case my comment could be taken the wrong way. No slight intended. My wife is a beautiful woman gifted in many ways - but technical she ain't!

Edited by TonyMcC