wow I'm hating school about now.

blike

Yea' date=' college is real easy if you just float through. I watch kids do it all the time.

I'm a senior in college now, and I'm graduating with a 3.8. That's a lot of hard work.

[/quote']

Please understand I was tweaking everybody with my "whiners" remark, and I was only semi-serious. At the time, I thought that I was working hard, too. But I'm not kidding when I say it doesn't get easier afterward. Work requires more discipline, more responsibility, more self-motivation. Grad school certainly did, and I imagine med school will be similar. I graduated with a 3.83 as a physics major, one semester early, so I didn't float through. I'm telling you, after a few years of perspective, you'll likely realize it was relatively easy, and wonder why you thought it was so hard.

funny you mention bc; i'm actually not taking it currently, as im a junior...actually i have a few friends who are juniors who are taking it, but that's because theyre bloody insane.

the first class the teacher says: "i will fail you. the first half of the year you may pass just because i dont want to screw you out of your college admissions. the second half, i will fail you all."

meanwhile, my junior friends in that class are like "oops, we're screwed"

Really? Our speach went a little more along the lines of:

I like being the school's calc teacher. People think calc is so hard and therefore I can pull a lot of weight at the faculty meetings. It's a lie though, calc is really easy. I just don't tell them that.

So far we've hit limits and we're most of the way through derivatives. We still have a few special-case rules for derivatives and then we're done. Thanks to dave's summer lessons, I haven't had to think too much yet.

Now that I think of it, the class was offered a chance to do bc calc. The only thing is those students who chose to do it would have to work within themselves to learn the material as she would be teaching ab calc all class. This was basicly saying I would be working by myself on it and I'm tired of doing that.

Yeah, I'd really like one on integrals, but I'm really not in a position to ask anyone to hurry up and post because I haven't gotten around to our debate very quickly. If and when he gets a chance, I will certainly read it though.

College taught me how to learn, you're right. And honestly I think that's one of the most important things it's taught me. There comes a time in a college student's career when he's ready to move on to the next step, and that's where I am. I'm looking back at my college career with pride, and toward my medical career with excitement. Does anyone in this position honestly want to be up at 7 in the morning to go to microbiology lecture, when I'm just a few credit hours away from my degree, I've already secured a seat in medical school, and I've been working hard for four years to be in this position?

Isn't it a shame that most people don't "learn how to learn" until they hit college. I am forever in debt to my high school advanced biology teacher who taught that "knowing the answer isn't anywhere nearly as important as knowing how to find the answer". I learned a hell of a lot of biology from her, but I learned more about learning. Interestingly enough - I thought she was ancient, and she was about the age I am now. She waited to go to college until her children had graduated high school.

I would love the luxury of getting up at 7. I have to be at work by 7 and am usually up by 4:30 or 5:00 am.

Which brings me to another question - do interns still have to work such ungodly long hours? I really don't understand the rationality of that - asking someone who is still learning to make a decision that may result in the life or death of a patient when s/he has gone without sleep for 18 or 20 hours.

im enjoying most of my classes as of yet. my english class is painfully easy, but the rest are interesting. i especially like my AP american history teacher and class and my AP biology and AP physics classes
I have an easy English class, ap history and biology, but no physics.