So You're MAD About Something on the Internet...

mooeypoo

I may fall into the infinity category here, but I do get annoyed (but not as much as I used to) about how people some times treat each other on forums and chat. I mean, no way would people be so rude and insulting face to face.

The computer dehumanises the person you are conversing with and some how, that coupled with the anonymity, can bring out the oik in people.

:P

The irony is that the poster doesn't apply to properly moderated forums. We welcome disagreement, as long as the exchange is rational and is comprised of civil discourse. With those caveats, level 2 is not dickish. Anything past that isn't welcome.

The irony is that the poster doesn't apply to properly moderated forums. We welcome disagreement, as long as the exchange is rational and is comprised of civil discourse. With those caveats, level 2 is not dickish. Anything past that isn't welcome.

Such behavior is not welcome... but it still happens. At this forum, the level 3 and up dicks are suspended or even banned.

Still, there's something to be said to congratulate people being a huge dick. The bottom level of the chart that mooey posted really seems like an achievement. Something that's worth telling your friends and family.

Maybe we should congratulate banned / suspended users with their ban?

Many threads here stay at dick levels 0-2 for a long time only to blow up to dickfinity in a short period of time once the speculator original poster gets tired of being called on nonsense.

I often have to repress the urge to bring the intensity up to dick=3. Dicks are like tensors though, no one likes to see anything above rank 2.

Edited by mississippichem