Homework Help Websites

uhrs

Science forums is amazing, but I've noticed that there are a few websites out there that give you homework help answers to various subjects. Can anyone tell me what websites I can trust (since you've got to pay for them I'm hesitant to even surf them). It'd be really nice to have all of the answers to my homework so that when I'm stuck I can get unstuck by going online. Then if I want to discuss a problem with the community, I can do that here :P

Personally I would never recommend any of those sites - from the very basic school homework to those that will rewrite your doctoral thesis. You learn nothing and passing the work off as your own is not only counter-productive but could/should be seen as anything from cheating through to plagiarism. Homework questions - in general - are set by people who know what level you could be at and are thus solvable with effort and thought - Sorry!

There are at least three or four sites, that I know of, like this one with a homework forum where you will get advice and prods in the correct direction. If one doesn't come up with any responses try another. I haven't noticed many polite requests for homework assistance going unanswered here.

Roughly type the question with errors and say you are in a hurry - that will get you nowhere! But carefully put the question and the context, explain what you have tried, and where you are hitting problems and it is very unlikely someone will not be able to help. And in that way you will learn - not just get the answer.

Apologies for being an old fuddy-duddy

Hopefully without seeming too extreme, I think that academic cheating (at least on a major scale by either the student or the provider) should be illegal, at least in post-secondary education. We certainly would all scream and shout about someone with a fake medical degree practicing medicine, or someone with a fake law degree practicing law,or someone with a fake engineering degree designing a nuclear power plant. Fake is fake — someone cheats to obtain credentials not otherwise deserved.

Edited by ewmon

If you really want science or technology to be your profession, then reconsider what you are looking for. you can always get your work done through easier means but what you learn the hard way, gets to stay with you forever and adds value to you.

If you really want to learn about a particular concept or discuss a really confusing problem, you can contact me through my blog (Check the Ask Me link page in it). Teaching is my passion and I would love helping people who want to learn.

Goodluck!