Black holes = white holes?

Moontanman

Ok, I'm going to ask a stupid question, get the flame throwers ready...

I have read recently, some place, that not only could our universe have formed from a black hole in another universe warping space time so much it tore out and the singularity expanded out into another dimension or reality or something and made our universe and that black holes in our universe could be doing the same thing and creating other universes. Not only that but universes that form black holes are likely to create more universes than universes that due to having laws of nature different from ours cannot form or form less numbers of black holes or less massive black holes that do not have the energy to tear out of singularity and expand into another dimension.

What I want to know that if this can be shown to be mathematically "true" (that was the premise) where does the extra energy come from to make all the matter in a universe? if the mass of the black hole is the on,y source of energy this would seem to be a loosing proposition and each universe would be smaller than the next till they all fizzled out (at best) Does the mass of a black hole release more energy than it has by breaking this inter-dimensional barrier? Does breaking this barrier require a certain amount of mass, like a super black hole? or do even small black holes have the energy to break through and expand from a singularity and release an entire universe worth of energy by breaking this barrier?

My own thoughts on this might be that when a black hole begins to collapse as it gets closer and closer to being a nothing but a point singularity, the impossibility of such a point singularity causes the rift/tear and allows the creation of a new space time this effect over comes this barrier and expands out by creating a whole new space time but I can't seem to understand where the energy comes from to create more mass than goes into a black hole.

I have been rolling this concept around in my mind for a while now and i can't seem to get a grip on the idea where all the new energy/mass would come from or how the process would keep from running down like a battery running a motor and that turns a generator that charges the battery....

I think I like the colliding branes idea better.... lol

I have read recently, some place, that not only could our universe have formed from a black hole in another universe warping space time so much it tore out and the singularity expanded out into another dimension or reality or something and made our universe and that black holes in our universe could be doing the same thing and creating other universes. Not only that but universes that form black holes are likely to create more universes than universes that due to having laws of nature different from ours cannot form or form less numbers of black holes or less massive black holes that do not have the energy to tear out of singularity and expand into another dimension.

I think what you have read is about Lee Smolin's Fecund Universes:

Fecund universes

The fecund universes theory (also called cosmological natural selection theory) of cosmology advanced by Lee Smolin suggests that a process analogous to biological natural selection applies at the grandest scales. Smolin summarized the idea in a book aimed at a lay audience called The Life of the Cosmos.

The theory surmises that a collapsing black hole causes the emergence of a new universe on the "other side", whose fundamental constant parameters (speed of light, Planck length and so forth) may differ slightly from those of the universe where the black hole collapsed. Each universe therefore gives rise to as many new universes as it has black holes. Thus the theory contains the evolutionary ideas of "reproduction" and "mutation" of universes, but has no direct analogue of natural selection. However, given any universe that can produce black holes that successfully spawn new universes, it is possible that some number of those universes will reach heat death with unsuccessful parameters. So, in a sense, fecundity cosmological natural selection is one where universes could die off before successfully reproducing, just as any biological being can die without having offspring.

Leonard Susskind, who promotes a similar string theory landscape, stated:

"I'm not sure why Smolin's idea didn't attract much attention. I actually think it deserved far more than it got"

Smolin has noted that the string theory landscape is not Popper falsifiable if other universes are not observable. This is the subject of the Smolin-Susskind debate. There are then only two ways out: traversable wormholes connecting the different parallel universes and "signal nonlocality", as described by Antony Valentini, a scientist at the Perimeter Institute.

In a critical review of The Life of the Cosmos, the astrophysicist Joe Silk suggested that our universe falls short by about four orders of magnitude of being maximal for the production of black holes. In his book Questions of Truth, the particle physicist John Polkinghorne has another difficulty with Smolin's thesis, in that one cannot impose the consistent multiversal time which would be required to make the evolutionary dynamics work, since otherwise short-lived universes with few descendants would dominate long-lived universes with many.

When Smolin published the theory in 1992, he proposed as a prediction of his theory that no neutron star should exist with a mass of more than 1.6 times the mass of the sun. If a more massive neutron star was ever observed, it would show that our universe's natural laws were not tuned for maximum black hole production, because the mass of the strange quark could be retuned to lower the mass threshold for production of a black hole. A 2-solar-mass pulsar was discovered in 2010, so that cosmological natural selection has been falsified according to Smolin's own criteria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fecund_universes#Fecund_universes

I have been rolling this concept around in my mind for a while now and i can't seem to get a grip on the idea where all the new energy/mass would come from or how the process would keep from running down like a battery running a motor and that turns a generator that charges the battery....

There are speculations that the total sum of mass/energy in our Universe is zero, which could then mean that all that is required for a Black Hole is to cause the necessary conditions for a new Universe to get born.

Edited by Spyman