Sumerian Astronomy?

fafalone

Sumerian Astronomy?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Sumerian Astronomy?

• The real deal
    • Not too accurate
    • huh?

Planet X (Nibiru) is on a highly eccentric orbit taking it straight towards us...

Ahh yes, I've heard of that. Unfortunatly, I havn't seen any real evidence for it, other than a bunch of quacks ranting about our demise.

• 1 year later...
-Demosthenes- said in post # :

If the universe will exist forever, then all things will happen that are possible, eventually.

That would only be true if the universe were infinitely large, and contained infinite matter/energy.

It isn't and it doesn't, unfortunately.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
That would only be true if the universe were infinitely large' date=' and contained infinite matter/energy.

It isn't and it doesn't, unfortunately.[/quote']

It still wouldn't be -- if I were an immortal gambler, I could roll a six-sided die an infinite number of times without ever rolling a six.

• 3 weeks later...
If the universe will exist forever, then all things will happen that are possible, eventually.

Well thats a contradiction, if the universe lasted forever then not all things would happen that are possible.

If it lasted forever it would never end, so thats one thing that would not happen . :P

• 4 months later...
Guest Archimedes

It's interesting that someone might actually stick their neck out and say the universe is not infinite. In my opinion, at this very moment, it seems that the scientific community is slowly opening its eyes as that being a certain possibility.

Making reference to the highly controversial M-Theory (replacing the failing String Theory), it is plausable to say that the universe is like a product of one large assembly line which will continue its production for infinity.

So far the only obvious proof of this lies in our understanding of quantum physics and sub-atomic particle probability. It seems their irradic motion is caused by some force in question, too small to be gravity, as it is also far too irregular. Another obvious possiblity is a result of electromagnetic charge. But nonetheless, M-Theory lives on as plausable.

Getting off this topic and moving toward the original post topic i can suggest the the Sumerians may not entirely be "the real deal" but they certainly had a grasp on astronomical science that we failed to hold even way beyond Platos uncanny disruption of universal discovery (damn him). Either way, the only thing i can think of which can represent the so called "Planet X" would have to be Sedna. However, Sedna is at a distance of roughly 70 AU's which is far surpassing the Sumerian calculations of the planet they called Nibiru.

At any rate, nothing is 100%, anything is plausable at this point...

• 3 weeks later...