could e/m waves be neutrino back preasure

36grit

Could the photons flying by be the product of neutrino back wash?

I've long thought that light was like a sonic boom and that gravity was faster than light. When a jet flys by faster than the speed of sound, it leaves a sonic boom trail behind it. Perhaps photons are the "sonic boom trail" of a neutrino exceeding the time barrier.

Here's the train of thought: We smash particles together in an attempt to similate conditions as close as possible to the big bang event.

I've read and heard that very early on, the universe expanded faster than light.

It is also my understanding that gravity broke free of the singularity first, and then e/m, and then strong and then the weak force.

If we consider the sun as an extremely powerful, natural particle accelerator, creating conditions similar to the origins of the universe, than it should really come as no surprise that things radiate out of it faster than light.

Could the photons flying by be the product of neutrino back wash?

I've long thought that light was like a sonic boom and that gravity was faster than light. When a jet flys by faster than the speed of sound, it leaves a sonic boom trail behind it. Perhaps photons are the "sonic boom trail" of a neutrino exceeding the time barrier.

Here's the train of thought: We smash particles together in an attempt to similate conditions as close as possible to the big bang event.

I've read and heard that very early on, the universe expanded faster than light.

It is also my understanding that gravity broke free of the singularity first, and then e/m, and then strong and then the weak force.

If we consider the sun as an extremely powerful, natural particle accelerator, creating conditions similar to the origins of the universe, than it should really come as no surprise that things radiate out of it faster than light.

y

They don't leave a boom, but they do leave a trail called '' Cherenkov radiation.''

some have likened this to the sonic boom analogy.

y

They don't leave a boom, but they do leave a trail called '' Cherenkov radiation.''

some have likened this to the sonic boom analogy.

Cherenkov radiation comes from charged particles, which interact electromagnetically. Neutrinos are uncharged.

Cherenkov radiation comes from charged particles, which interact electromagnetically. Neutrinos are uncharged.

I know the neutrino would contain a magnetic moment with the advent of it having a mass, so the particle still has a charge. I take it, it would also require an electric moment then?

I know the neutrino would contain a magnetic moment with the advent of it having a mass, so the particle still has a charge. I take it, it would also require an electric moment then?

As far as I know, it requires an electric charge. A magnetic moment is not a charge.

Hmmmm turns out the nuetrino possessing a magnetic moment could in fact interact electromagnetically according to wiki

;The neutrino has half-integer spin (½ħ) and is therefore a fermion. Neutrinos interact primarily through the weak force. The discovery of neutrino flavor oscillations implies that neutrinos have mass. The existence of a neutrino mass strongly suggests the existence of a tiny neutrino magnetic moment[12] of the order of 10−19 μB, allowing the possibility that neutrinos may interact electromagnetically as well.

As far as I know, it requires an electric charge. A magnetic moment is not a charge.

Dipole I meant.

Edited by Mystery111

As Swansont says Cherenkov radiation requires an electrical charge and neutrinos do not have one of these.

The use of Cherenkov radiation to detect the uncharged neutrinos is roughly as follows. Neutrinos can however interact (very uncommonly) via the weak force. A mu-neutrino will cause a muon to be produced (and an electron neutrino will similarly cause an electron to be produced) - the muons or electrons produced are charged and travelling in excess of the speed of light within the medium. This gives rise to Cherenkov radiation which is detected by photomultipliers around the tank. You can tell the mu-neutrios from the electron-neutrinos by the definition of the ring of cherenkov radiation that is detected- muons produce a single tight cone of light, electron-neutrinos produce an electron-shower which is seen as a much more diffuse and blurred phenomenon

Hmmmm turns out the nuetrino possessing a magnetic moment could in fact interact electromagnetically according to wiki

;The neutrino has half-integer spin (½ħ) and is therefore a fermion. Neutrinos interact primarily through the weak force. The discovery of neutrino flavor oscillations implies that neutrinos have mass. The existence of a neutrino mass strongly suggests the existence of a tiny neutrino magnetic moment[12] of the order of 10−19 μB, allowing the possibility that neutrinos may interact electromagnetically as well.

Not enough for the OP position to be true. An upper limit on an effect that has yet to be measured is given — that translates as "this is going to be very hard to see"

That, and we have many mechanisms of easily producing photons that do not involve neutrinos.

A mu-neutrino will cause a muon to be produced (and an electron neutrino will similarly cause an electron to be produced) - the muons or electrons produced are charged and travelling in excess of the speed of light within the medium. This gives rise to Cherenkov radiation which is detected by photomultipliers around the tank. You can tell the mu-neutrios from the electron-neutrinos by the definition of the ring of cherenkov radiation that is detected- muons produce a single tight cone of light, electron-neutrinos produce an electron-shower which is seen as a much more diffuse and blurred phenomenon

Can we detect main stream neutrinos? I know we only can detect very few of them. What is the best way to increase detection sensitivity?

An interesting paper come to light: http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/1109/1109.6562v1.pdf

Of course, I actually believe that one generation of nuetrino particle was observed to go at superluminal speeds, but apparently this paper admits that if the velocity anomaly was indeed true, then it would effect all three generations. The paper also makes use of an analogue cherenkov radiation.

There is a great deal of talk on the cherenkov radiation from very notable scientists, some even using it as a basis for the experiment to be wrong. Maybe swansont you have neglected the idea to quickly....

http://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/9505117

An interesting paper come to light: http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/1109/1109.6562v1.pdf

Of course, I actually believe that one generation of nuetrino particle was observed to go at superluminal speeds, but apparently this paper admits that if the velocity anomaly was indeed true, then it would effect all three generations. The paper also makes use of an analogue cherenkov radiation.

There is a great deal of talk on the cherenkov radiation from very notable scientists, some even using it as a basis for the experiment to be wrong. Maybe swansont you have neglected the idea to quickly....

http://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/9505117

In the first paper (Which I linked to a few hours before you posted),

In particular, we focus on the following analogs to Cherenkov radiation

IOW it's not Cherenkov radiation. As you note, it's an analogous process, and it involves charged particles rather than photons. In the second paper they use "Cherenkov" in quotes, implying the same. (Further, the second paper is an hypothesis based on "A two-dimensional universe made of sine-Gordon solitons plunged in a galilean world" which "would behave like a two-dimensional minkowskian world with the laws of special relativity.")