WAY TO GO SPACE

I am very happy with the way things are turning out in theoretical physics. When mathematicians took the helm of modern cosmology a decade ago they raised a very important question. What is dimension? It was reasoned that dimension had to come first to allow the big bang room for expression, and the question of three-dimensional space was ushered in as the third most important question in modern cosmology. The other two questions, what is energy, and what is gravity, still remain unanswered. For the mathematicians, the desire to identify the very first thing in existence is all part of a larger quest to explain the number one, and possibly what came before it. Since the ultimate goal of modern cosmology is to explain the nature of the universe, mathematicians who work in this field are just as anxious to find out everything they can in order to complete their numerology science of the number one. So far, all they have managed to do is to completely redefine our views and shake the very foundation of modern cosmology. Instead of having to explain the big bang creation, we are now beset with the additional task of having to explain the nature of three-dimensional space. Is space infinite? Is space finite? Did space pre-exist, or did space have to be engineered, like time, into existence?

I'm sure everyone has their own thoughts on this. I would go with the popular view today which seems more mathematically sound. Scientists now believe nothing existed before the big bang. They describe nothing as the absence of space, the absence of time, or the absence of anything associated with information. On the other hand, the physicists also claim they need a mathematical language to describe the singularity of the big bang, and that without this language, we will never be able to explain how the big bang happened. We are going to need this information, and it doesn't appear as if nature is going to give it up very easily, whether it is capable or not.

I know this seems hopeless, but it really isn't as bad as people think. The additional task of having to explain space has really brought us into focus with better questions and better answers about nature.

I have been doing theory work for many years and I don't mean to come across as an expert even though I may sound like one. I have found what I feel is a good path in science, and I'm passionate about discovery, and sharing. A reexamination of some of our definitions will be the subject of my next topic. Let's see if we can't find something more interesting to say about nothing. In the meanwhile, here is a question to think about. Is space infinite in scope and without physical parameters? This is the question our most renowned physicists try to avoid. I am new to the forum and don't know if this question has been popularized yet or not. Although mathematicians cannot agree on a definition for infinity, most scientists agree with the logic of infinity as something without beginning or end.