another article on the cosmo constant not bein constant

36grit

This article suggests that the cosmilogical constant varies, in a smooth manner, relative to the direction of their survey. http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2011/11/stunning-new-stunning-study-of-300-galaxies-shows-some-regions-of-universe-not-fine-tuned-for-life.html#more

I think variences do exist but, because they explain this as a smoot transition, I'd say that the light traveling through fields of relativity that exist in our very own galaxy obscurrs the test results.

This article suggests that the cosmilogical constant varies, in a smooth manner, relative to the direction of their survey. http://www.dailygala...-life.html#more

I think variences do exist but, because they explain this as a smoot transition, I'd say that the light traveling through fields of relativity that exist in our very own galaxy obscurrs the test results.

Wow, I know that many people including myself theorized that because the universe could be infinite that any physics we know of could be local, but for that to be so integrated with the rest of our perception and to actually be able to see that and for something so wierd to be taken seriously is pretty remarkable if that's the case.

Although, that would have to mean there is some way to generalize all possible gravities and electro-magnetism force properties since all of those local areas come form the same universe, unless there were separate big bangs?

It seems kind of weird though that we would be able to see different physics right in our own observable universe, I always thought it would have to be like two or three observable universes away in bubbles for physics to change, but I suppose it would explain a lot why there's all these weird cosmo properties.

But, if it's the electro-magnetic force that's changed, how is it that we can see the same quantinization of light and observe it the same? Shouldn't we see weird elements and stuff on those galaxies? Or shouldn't we not even be able to see them at all since if the EM force is shifted, those electrons and protons would be at different distances from each other in an atom, so a photon from them would boost our electrons up to something like the 2.143 or 4.35246th energy level, which as quantum mechanics shows, can't happen, so we shouldn't be able to observe matter who's electro-magnetic physics is shifted? Isn't that why astronomers claim we can't see dark matter anyway?

Edited by questionposter

I wonder if the differences are related to the density, and or the spinning, of our own galaxy that the light has to travel through. Surley they checked the math. All curious laymen know how much scientists love math :D .

According the my own vision of the universe, some light goes around the galaxy and some percentage of photons have to move through it. Then they have to divide over and over again around and through every large mass objects dialation. It would seem to me that these divisions along with the many that are captured and bouced around and transformed should surley pay it's toll so to speek.

We have our position, and part to play in the galactic spinning lenz. I wonder how one might percieve light energy while looking through a glass lenz. I know when I poke a stick in water it looks bent, I hear that it's from light slowing down from medium to medium.