Weird Question: Sun Light

question451

Hi guys,

I've been thinking about this for a while, and can't find any answers. It's probably something simple and I'm over thinking it.

My question is this:

Say you have a very long stick, that stretched out from your hand to just left of the Sun.

The stick is unbreakable and completely straight. You also have unlimited strength.

You can also see the stick perfectly.

If you were then to drive the stick into the sun, from the side, and the stick was able to destroy the sun (I know this sounds childish and crazy)

What would you see immediately? At this point the stick has already destroyed the sun, but it takes around 8 minutes for that light to reach earth from where you are holding the stick.

Would you simply see a stick pointing into the middle of the sun? Even though it's actually been destroyed?

I Hope somebody can answer this question, as crazy as it may sound. Thanks!

Are you assigning any magical, time-bending qualities to this sight? When you say "perfectly", to what are you referring?

For that I meant the suns rays were not blocking your sight of the stick. I see the errors of my thinking now, thanks anyway

You said it was perfectly straight.

Yes. But if light takes different lengths of time along the stick to reach earth, the stick would appear bendy wouldn't it?

Ceteris paribus, i'll say (if the eye can accommodate it), hot plasma spreading across the solar system, if the imaginary "stick" could break the magnetic field wrapping the plasma.

As you said, it would only take 8min 17sec at the spead of light to reach earth.

This your imaginatory thought of yours reminds me of the movie by Nicholas Cage, "knowing".

Really weird of you.

see bro as the distance is too far away, wen u shake the stick you will fill that its responding little late, means wen u shake it from here , then you will feel like at other end it takes some more time to get movement..............

now wen the sun is destroyed you will feel the stick free in actual, but as light wil take 8 minutes! you will be able to see the sun destroying till next 8 minutes.. then all things will turn into darkness! this is what wil happen in actual!

please ask me more n more tough questions! :P

add me on blackberry too 27B7ACFB