Can anyone please help me?

Guest xtraxxl

Guest xtraxxl

Im doing a chemistry project, about synthetic vs. natural products.

All I found on the internet are about synthetic or natural vitamins, but I need more information on synthetic leather vs. natural leather and other synthetic and natural products. Wish someone can help me, thank you!

I think natural fibers are supposed to "breathe" better, so they don't make you perspire. I also think a lot of synthetic fabrics are made from petroleum based products, so they put pressure on natural but non-renewable resources.

There is a load of topics if you google "synthetic fabric" http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=synthetic+fabric

Try this google search: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=%22synthetic+versus+natural%22+-vitamin&btnG=Google+Search

It turns up Synthetic versus natural protease inhibitors, synthetic versus natural tumor peptides in cancer immunotherapy, synthetic versus natural gypsum, Synthetic versus Natural Fertilizers, synthetic versus natural diamonds, synthetic versus natural insulin, etc.

The only real difference between synthetic and natural is that natural pathways are stero-isomer selective, if this could be acheived in a synthetic product then there would be absolutely no way to tell the difference. Let me ask you if I were to make a chain of nucleic acids via a synthetic pathway, then this synthetic gene encodes for an enzyme which can produce say vitamin E with stero-seletivity, would you call this vitamin E synthetic or natural?

I personally think the difference between natural and unnatural is very arbitrary.

Hey, don't forget to mention synthetic gemstones! :> I personally like black opals, since they are virtually impossible to create synthetically. :P And they're sooo shiny... Lightning Ridge in Australia was a huge source of black opals, I don't know if it is that anymore.