Globular Clusters Ages in Matter-dominated Cosmos

Widdekind

First, in a flat, matter-dominated cosmos, the age of the universe is 2/3 H0-1. For H0 ~ 70 km/s/Mpc, that age is cosmologically calculated to be >9 Gyr.

Second, our sun has a B-V color index of ~0.6, approximately the MS Turn-Off, of the Globular Cluster 47 Tucanae:

47TucHRDiagram2.jpg

And, GCs are nearly as old as our universe, i.e. ~9 Gyr for a flat, matter-dominated cosmology.

QUESTIONS:

• First, if our cosmos turns out to be nearly flat, and mostly matter-dominated; then, would not GCs be ~9 Gyr old; and would not our sun's MS lifetime be about ~9 Gyr as well ?
  • Second, if our sun's MS lifetime is typically predicted to be ~10 Gyr; and, if our sun represents the MSTO of ancient GCs, nearly as old as our universe; then, would not our universe be predicted to be ~10 Gyr old ? And, for an observed H0, would that solar-and-GC age not determine the cosmology, i.e. closer to [math]\Omega_M \approx 1, \Omega_{\Lambda} \approx 0[/math], for which the universe's age is ~9-10 Gyr ?

So I'm not wrong, i.e. if our actual cosmos, is actually dominated, by actual normal matter, then (1) GR says our actual space-time fabric is ~9 Gyr old; and (2) our star cannot possibly have a MS lifetime >9 Gyr, since sunlike stars have already reached MSTO in halo GCs ? (In fact, are there not GCs even older than 47 Tucanae, i.e. w/ redder MSTOs ? If so, then stars smaller than our sun have evolved off MS in <9 Gyr, so that our sun must have an even shorter lifespan.)

For the record, some studies have shown, that WDs may not be as old, as numerical simulations suggest. If our universe was actually ~5 Gyr younger than current-convention demands, then stars in our universe would, seemingly, have to be >5 Gyr younger too.

Edited by Widdekind