Photon "bunching" indicates redshift ?

Widdekind

If bosons tend (slightly) to "inclusively" associate (even as fermions tend (strongly) to "exclusively" dissociate); then, if, along some earth-bound sight-line, some foreground object were to "add its (new) light to" older, already earth-bound light, from background objects; then, might not all those "over-lapping" photons tend to "bosonically cluster" ??? Could such a "photon clustering" phenomena help infer redshifts, of foreground objects ???

If bosons tend (slightly) to "inclusively" associate (even as fermions tend (strongly) to "exclusively" dissociate); then, if, along some earth-bound sight-line, some foreground object were to "add its (new) light to" older, already earth-bound light, from background objects; then, might not all those "over-lapping" photons tend to "bosonically cluster" ??? Could such a "photon clustering" phenomena help infer redshifts, of foreground objects ???

When evaluating galactic light to determine the extent of the redshift of spectral light they look for absorption (darker) and emission lines (lighter colored) within the spectra. Galactic light is broken down by the prism effect into its elementary colors. The primary elements they look for are the absorption and emission lines of hydrogen and helium. From lining up these elements with a standard they determine the extent of the redshift, how much toward the red part of the spectra these lines are shifted as well as the width between the lines. By this they can usually determine the redshift of the light and accordingly through the Hubble formula, how far away the source of light was when it was emitted. Some galactic light has indistinct absorption and emission lines whereby they can only make educated guesses concerning the redshift because the hydrogen and helium (and other elements) spectral lines are smeared beyond clear recognition probably due to some of the light being absorbed and re-emitted over the travel course of the light. Some such bright distant objects are called B L Lacs. It would seem quite unlikely that through some process they might get a false indication of redshifts although I'm sure it has happened, but I believe such a misinterpretation would be very rare. Not only must the overall spectra be shifted toward the red part of the spectra to a measurable extent but also the measured distance between the absorption and emission lines must be consistent with the spectral redshift.

For instance if foreground emitted light added to the spectra and we observed an additional emission line, there accordingly also should be a corresponding absorption line. But such occurrences could seemingly only cause an under estimation of the extent of the redshift rather than an overestimation of it.

//

//

Edited by pantheory

Since you already have the photon bunching occurring with the original source, how would this work?

I understand, that observations of 'extra-galactic background light' (EBL) always have some statistical scatter. I vaguely have the impression, that observed photons may "arrive in bunches". Is that true? Can cosmic photons "bunch up" or "cluster" or "aggregate", as they cross the universe, towards earth ??

I understand, that observations of 'extra-galactic background light' (EBL) always have some statistical scatter. I vaguely have the impression, that observed photons may "arrive in bunches". Is that true? Can cosmic photons "bunch up" or "cluster" or "aggregate", as they cross the universe, towards earth ??

AFAIK the bunching is in the emission, not in the subsequent travel.

AFAIK the bunching is in the emission, not in the subsequent travel.

Could that be do, to density, i.e. "in flight", through deep-space, the "density of quanta" is so low, so as to be negligible? I.e., is there any "in theory..." photon "quanta" could "pick up piggy-backers" en route ??

Could that be do, to density, i.e. "in flight", through deep-space, the "density of quanta" is so low, so as to be negligible? I.e., is there any "in theory..." photon "quanta" could "pick up piggy-backers" en route ??

There's no attraction I'm aware of.