Question about expanding Universe

otherethe

Alright so we all know that E=mc^2

where E is energy, m is mass, and c is the speed of light squared

and we all know that Acceleration is energy, and the more Acceleration a object has the more mass it has

We also know that the more mass a object has the more gravity it has

NOW with that being said Heres the question,

seeings how the Universe is speeding up aka (*gaining acceleration*)

So would it not apply that mass is getting more massive? (*aka compressing?*Get Heavier*)

as the universe expands? it seems like it's Imploding and Exploding all at the same time

were space is exploding, and matter is imploding and not pulling apart atom by atom like everyone says it's doing

but Imploding and Exploding at the same time just like a super nova does

((*And plz pst this has been racking my brain for some time now I cant get past the idea that the space around us is exploding, but the mass around us is imploding*))

Edited by otherethe

Alright so we all know that E=mc^2

where E is energy, m is mass, and c is the speed of light squared

Yes, for invariant mass and invariant energy.

This quantity does not change with velocity.

Total energy:

[math]E = \gamma mc^2[/math]

Or kinetic energy:

[math]KE = (\gamma - 1) mc^2[/math]

Where gamma is the lorentz factor do.

and we all know that Acceleration is energy, and the more Acceleration a object has the more mass it has

Erm, acceleration is proportional to force. The more mass, the less acceleration (for a given force).

The larger an object's velocity, the more energy it has in a given reference frame. But if it accelerated then the energy came from somewhere (such as potential).

We also know that the more mass a object has the more gravity it has

Yeah, close enough.

NOW with that being said Heres the question,

seeings how the Universe is speeding up aka (*gaining acceleration*)

I think you mean accelerating.

The rate of acceleration is changing, but if you're talking about the change in speed, then the concept you want is acceleration -- not change in acceleration.

So would it not apply that mass is getting more massive? (*aka compressing?*Get Heavier*)

as the universe expands? it seems like it's Imploding and Exploding all at the same time

were space is exploding, and matter is imploding and not pulling apart atom by atom like everyone says it's doing

but Imploding and Exploding at the same time just like a super nova does

((*And plz pst this has been racking my brain for some time now I cant get past the idea that the space around us is exploding, but the mass around us is imploding*))

Umm It's hard to tell exactly what you mean.

Very loosely, and without getting into general relativity because I don't understand it nearly well enough to explain.

The reason bound systems stay together is that there is a force keeping them together (which overcomes the acceleration so that the distance between their components remains constant

Let's say I have some large, but light object (so I can ignore that object's gravity for now) that I bound by the electromagnetic force.

If I'm in a rocket with the engine turned off, and not interacting gravitationally or electromagnetically with what's nearby (ie. I'm not accelerating), then I will measure any given part of that object to be accelerating towards the object's centre (and measure the whole object to be accelerating away from me).

I don't really want to/aren't really qualified get into gravitationally bound systems and space curvature, but you can think of gravitationally bound systems in the same way.

This is quite wrong, but it's not so far wrong that it's completely useless.

So I guess you are right in a sense. Bound systems are imploding -- but just enough so that they remain a constant size/shape.

While 'space exploding' is a useful two word metaphor, but it is only a metaphor. Really it's:

On a large scale, spacetime is curved such that the distance between any two objects not accelerating in their own frames of reference will increase with time.

On a local scale, curvature can be different. Such as in gravitationally bound systems.