year 2012 stops on this online converter.. WHY?

Hello, I have been using this online converter that stops at the year 2011 but mostly 2012.

Here:http://www.exploratorium.edu/ronh/age/

I have been asking my friends and they have seen the same thing. I enter birth dates to check ages on other worlds and etc, then I noticed it froze after a birth date of the year 2011 or 2012..

As I know there are many people here with an outstanding credibility and good reputation, I am sure you can give me some knowledge as to what is going on here..

I have also been seen in many astronomical programs including my own that the sun is placed in every "other" constellation. Example when it should be in Saggitarius it is in Capricorn, and when the sun should be placed in Leo it is in Virgo..

I am eager to hear from those with bachelors degrees and masters degrees bring some light on this question.... or anyone for that matter...

Thanks I am truly honored....

Edited by I think out of the box

Hello, I have been using this online converter that stops at the year 2011 but mostly 2012.

I have been asking my friends and they have seen the same thing. I enter birth dates to check ages on other worlds and etc, then I noticed it froze after a birth date of the year 2011 or 2012..

As I know there are many people here with an outstanding credibility and good reputation, I am sure you can give me some knowledge as to what is going on here..

I have also been seen in many astronomical programs including my own that the sun is placed in every "other" constellation. Example when it should be in Saggitarius it is in Capricorn, and when the sun should be placed in Leo it is in Virgo..

I am eager to hear from those with bachelors degrees and masters degrees bring some light on this question.... or anyone for that matter...

Thanks I am truly honored....

Check your calendar. It would be very difficult to have a birthday in 2012, at least for a few more days.

Did that same issue, but I am not using my b-date, what I am "seeing" is that this online calender does not give me birth dates after 2012 it is stuck......

why is this???

have you checked to confirm this????

Check your calendar. It would be very difficult to have a birthday in 2012, at least for a few more days.

The point Dr.Rocket was making is that birth dates will always be on or before today's date.

If I were to guess, the code on their tool subtracts your birth date from today's date, and this provides your age in days or years (using earth time). It then likely just converts those earth days or years into Moon or Mars or Venus... days or years and shows them.

However, when you put a birth date in the future, your age in days and years is a negative number, and it cannot likely convert a negative number of earth days or years into venus or mars or jupitor days or years.

If you really want to know the answer, seek out the person who built the tool and ask them. Ultimately though... your question implies that you don't really have a solid understanding of what the tool is telling you.

The revolution of the earth around the sun is how we define the year. A year is the time it takes the earth to make one revolution - a little over 365 days.

We all learn in grade school that the planets move at differing rates around the sun. While earth takes 365 days to make one circuit, the closest planet, Mercury, takes only 88 days. Poor, ponderous, and distant Pluto takes a whopping 248 years for one revolution.

Hence, 88 days on earth is one "mercury year," and one year on pluto equals 248 years on earth.

If you view the source code of that page you will see it is driven by a simple piece of javascript. At the top of the script you will see that it says,

birthdate = (new Date(birthyear, birthmonth, birthday)).getTime();
//		age is your age in days
	age = (today - birthdate) / (1000 * 3600 * 24);
   if (age > 0.0) {...planet conversion routines

The 'age' variable is today - the birth date you entered divided by (1000 * 3600 * 24). Then if that calculated age in days is greater than 0.0 is passes the age variable to each of the functions that calculate your age in the years of the various planets. The script is not designed to work with dates in the future.

This now makes better sense thanks! but one more question though, I use dates in the future for my astrology and astronomy programs and use birth dates, and this never happens..... With your explanation this may just be how the programs are just built then, but I do find this strange though, thanks! have a great day.

The point Dr.Rocket was making is that birth dates will always be on or before today's date.

If I were to guess, the code on their tool subtracts your birth date from today's date, and this provides your age in days or years (using earth time). It then likely just converts those earth days or years into Moon or Mars or Venus... days or years and shows them.

However, when you put a birth date in the future, your age in days and years is a negative number, and it cannot likely convert a negative number of earth days or years into venus or mars or jupitor days or years.

If you really want to know the answer, seek out the person who built the tool and ask them. Ultimately though... your question implies that you don't really have a solid understanding of what the tool is telling you.

Hence, 88 days on earth is one "mercury year," and one year on pluto equals 248 years on earth.

Then it seems that the future and dates are related to planetary relative precession. But really I need to ask this now please...... Is there any resources out there you can advice me on that can calculate in the future in relation to planetary motions "via dates"???? For example, I have astrology and astronomy programs, but they only place the planets where they should be in the future not a date conversion to the planets date time and year to itself relative to its position of earth's time and year. So, this may be related to space time geometry then right? IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE FOR A PROGRAM TO DO THAT???

If you view the source code of that page you will see it is driven by a simple piece of javascript. At the top of the script you will see that it says,

birthdate = (new Date(birthyear, birthmonth, birthday)).getTime();
//		age is your age in days
	age = (today - birthdate) / (1000 * 3600 * 24);
   if (age > 0.0) {...planet conversion routines

The 'age' variable is today - the birth date you entered divided by (1000 * 3600 * 24). Then if that calculated age in days is greater than 0.0 is passes the age variable to each of the functions that calculate your age in the years of the various planets. The script is not designed to work with dates in the future.

Then it seems that the future and dates are related to planetary relative precession. But really I need to ask this now please...... Is there any resources out there you can advice me on that can calculate in the future in relation to planetary motions "via dates"???? For example, I have astrology and astronomy programs, but they only place the planets where they should be in the future not a date conversion to the planets date time and year to itself relative to its position of earth's time and year. So, this may be related to space time geometry then right? IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE FOR A PROGRAM TO DO THAT???

Look at the javascript code on the page you linked to. With a little modification it would work the same for future dates. You might try starting with using the code as is and adjusting the age variable to use the absolute value of the difference between today and a future date.

The entire concept of calculating age for someone who is not yet born is nonsensical. Why do you think this is something you need to do?

If someone is born in 2014, how old are they? Zero. If someone is born in 2021, how old are they? Zero. If someone is born in 2431, how old are they? Zero.

They'd be the same age no matter what planetary time conversion you make... They'd be zero years old on all worlds because they're not yet born. I am unsure why you are asking what you are asking. You can compare one earth unit of time (like a day or a month or a year) to one venus or mars or neptune unit of time, but you cannot calculate the age of a person who is not yet even born.

The entire concept of calculating age for someone who is not yet born is nonsensical. Why do you think this is something you need to do?

If someone is born in 2014, how old are they? Zero. If someone is born in 2021, how old are they? Zero. If someone is born in 2431, how old are they? Zero.

They'd be the same age no matter what planetary time conversion you make... They'd be zero years old on all worlds because they're not yet born. I am unsure why you are asking what you are asking. You can compare one earth unit of time (like a day or a month or a year) to one venus or mars or neptune unit of time, but you cannot calculate the age of a person who is not yet even born.

I didn't take the question as one about future birthdates but simply as one about future dates on the planets converted to future Earth dates. I assumed it had something to do with the whole astrology mythology thing.

Ok, that sounds like a great idea thanks, happy new year!

Look at the javascript code on the page you linked to. With a little modification it would work the same for future dates. You might try starting with using the code as is and adjusting the age variable to use the absolute value of the difference between today and a future date.

This sounds very interesting!!!!!!!!!! Then if this is true can you say that earth as we know it to be can be a singularity in itself in reference to other worlds?