What are you listening to right now?

heathenwilliamduke

Scars by Krizz Kaliko. My man's got a voice like red velvet cookies and cream lol

Hip-hop is so underrated because the cream doesn't rise to the top that's where you find the shit instead. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A member was asking the location of another member recently and I pointed them to Ontario which reminded me I know basically one song about Ontario (wait, two songs, there's also Neil Young's "Helpless")...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You don't see rabbits being walked down the street 
And you don't see many cats on leads
Dogs pet dogs dogs rapacious wet dogs
Owner of dogs slow-witted dog owner
Owner of rabid dog saving fare for tunnel 
Euro-dream of civil, civil liberation for dogs
Society secret society inevitable nightmare
Of drift dog pet dogs street bullshit
Dog shit baby bit ass-lick dog mirror
Dead tiger shot and checked out by dog
Big tea-chest-fucker dog
Black collar sends East German refugee back switch and crap pathetic 
Of earth-like lousy dog role model for infidel doghouse continent
Mutt citadel dog-eye mirror hypnotic school slaver and learn   
Lot from dog on grass and over nervous delicate dog
Detracts light from indiscrepant non-dog-lover
Dog pet dog come home to ya
Come home we'll talk shit to ya
Dog the pet-owner-owner blistered hanging there death dog 
Plato of the human example and copier dogmaster pet mourner 
Dog is life.

The Fall, "Dog is Life/Jerusalem"

Nice, haven't listened to Hindemith in a while.  My wife, an oboist, played several Hindemith pieces including his famous oboe sonata.  

He was part of the Nazi brain drain, fled to the US.  The US has always benefited from fascists, at least in how they drive many of their brilliant people to our shores.  

14 hours ago, TheVat said:

Nice, haven't listened to Hindemith in a while.  My wife, an oboist, played several Hindemith pieces including his famous oboe sonata.

That's impressive! One reason I never got around to performing the full Trumpet Sonata in public was the difficulty in finding a pianist prepared to take on the accompaniment. But I never felt I'd truly mastered the solo part either so probably just as well.

14 hours ago, TheVat said:

He was part of the Nazi brain drain, fled to the US.  The US has always benefited from fascists, at least in how they drive many of their brilliant people to our shores.

Maybe it's just coincidental that Wernher von Braun attended his music class but to my mind Hindemith's standard text on music theory (Craft of Musical Composition Book 1) would be better understood by music students if they had a reasonable grounding in physics. It reads very much as a Standard Model of Pitch Intervals.  

On 8/27/2024 at 9:07 AM, TheVat said:

Outstanding piano reduction of one of the great jazz symphonic classics, An American in Paris, by George Gershwin.

I don't know if it is more impressive that someone can write that, or that someone can play that.