tearing the old hair out

daisy

OK......I know this is deeply boring and I really am stupid but can some kind soul tell me why, when I click on SFN chatroom the window comes up but that's it....it only gives me archive or forum options and no chat. I know I'm stupid about puters...no need to tell me but PLEASE can I have a moron's guide (note:..not idiot but MORON). I really do miss the old times when I used to chat to you guys....I have not figured this out and I know I'm too old for all this. Please help :-(:-(:-(

Hi Daisy,

The chatroom uses a java applet so the first thing I'd do is make sure you have an up-to-date version of java installed for your browser - I think you can get it here: http://www.java.com/en/index.jsp

If that doesn't work, you could simply use an IRC client like mIRC or X-Chat. They're not as straightforward I know, but they're the way IRC is meant to be ;)

Im also having a chatroom problem. (I figured, since we already have a thread on it, why start another one) I just switched to Mozilla FireFox. As any FF user knows, sometimes, when you require a plugin- firefox lets you know, and installs it for you. Well, when I was using IE, i used to be able to chat on the chatroom. But now, it says that I need to download a plugin, then when I click it, it says that there are no plug ins available. What to do? (I could always switch back to IE, just for chat, but that would get annoying)

Thanks!