Pulsars

homie12

wouldnt pulsars, being interpreted as a light house type of effect where the spotlight interpreted effect is a revolving beam of light be considered unprovable? Especially when the flash rate would cause the object to fly apart. But isnt that why they made of neutronian matter? A relaxation oscillator is provable. This example can be implemented with a capacitive or resistive-capacitive integrating circuit driven respectively by a constant current or voltage source, and a threshold device with hysteresis (neon lamp, thyratron, diac or unijunction transistor) connected in parallel to the capacitor. The capacitor is charged by the input source causing the voltage across the capacitor to rise. The threshold device does not conduct at all until the capacitor voltage reaches its threshold (trigger) voltage. It then increases heavily its conductance in an avalanche-like manner because of the inherent positive feedback, which quickly discharges the capacitor. When the voltage across the capacitor drops to some lower threshold voltage, the device stops conducting and the capacitor begins charging again, and the cycle repeats ad infinitum.

wouldnt pulsars, being interpreted as a light house type of effect where the spotlight interpreted effect is a revolving beam of light be considered unprovable? Especially when the flash rate would cause the object to fly apart.

Where has it been established that the pulse rate would cause them to fly apart?

We are finding things out about "pulsars" that was little known to science, even a few short years ago. This isn't etched in stone yet, but check it out!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulsar

Another interesting article, but still take it only as a grain of salt???

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/news/topstory/2004/0220stardisk.html

Edited by rigney

We are finding things out about "pulsars" that was little known to science, even a few short years ago. This isn't etched in stone yet, but check it out!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulsar

Another interesting article, but still take it only as a grain of salt???

http://www.nasa.gov/...20stardisk.html

i checked the images in that link. They were animations or artist renderings. It would be nice to get something from nasa not airbrushed or altered

Where has it been established that the pulse rate would cause them to fly apart?

Just to let you know, I owe you a follow up on this question. I was trying to find a mathematical or physical explanation instead of some experts statement. So i will get back to you on this 1 thanks

Just to let you know, I owe you a follow up on this question. I was trying to find a mathematical or physical explanation instead of some experts statement. So i will get back to you on this 1 thanks

Don Scott mentioned it. It's called the island of stability. He refers to it in nuclear chemistry.

Don Scott mentioned it. It's called the island of stability. He refers to it in nuclear chemistry.

The island of stability in nuclear parlance refers to large-Z nuclei that will be relatively stable because they have a closed shell of protons and/or neutrons, while the unstable nuclei nearby (in atomic- or atomic mass number) have much shorter half-lives. This has nothing to do with the gravitational stability of a rotating object.