New goldilocks planet found dubbed the name Planet G!

So a new goldilocks planet has been discovered 20 light years away from us! Pretty exciting right? Scientists believe it might be able to sustain human life! but a few major problems stand before us

1. The planet doesn't rotate on it's axis...at all so one side is considerably darker and colder while the other side is extremely bright and frying radiating heat (unless of course they find water preseent, that would change everything I've said tremendously. But for now let's just go with what we know
  2. The star it orbits around is a red dwarf sun which emits alot less energy and heat then our sun
  3. This planet is also three times the earths mass
  4. It's 20 LIGHT YEARS AWAY even if we got a space craft to travel at 50% light speed, it would take 80 years to get there.
  5. If the shuttle to get there would be going 50% even 20% light speed, the space craft still has to stop. The passengers would probably be crushed from the extreme shift in speed.

These are just some things to think about before "moving in". I would love love love some opinions on this guys!

So a new goldilocks planet has been discovered 20 light years away from us! Pretty exciting right? Scientists believe it might be able to sustain human life! but a few major problems stand before us

1. The planet doesn't rotate on it's axis...at all so one side is considerably darker and colder while the other side is extremely bright and frying radiating heat (unless of course they find water preseent, that would change everything I've said tremendously. But for now let's just go with what we know
  2. The star it orbits around is a red dwarf sun which emits alot less energy and heat then our sun
  3. This planet is also three times the earths mass
  4. It's 20 LIGHT YEARS AWAY even if we got a space craft to travel at 50% light speed, it would take 80 years to get there.
  5. If the shuttle to get there would be going 50% even 20% light speed, the space craft still has to stop. The passengers would probably be crushed from the extreme shift in speed.

These are just some things to think about before "moving in". I would love love love some opinions on this guys!

I think the fact that it is 20 light years away is not much of an issue when discussing our 'moving in'. It's unlikely we'll ever travel at a significant portion of the speed of light, and even if we do (and manage not to kill ourselves as we crash into a pebble), as you say it could take 80 years to get there. If we can develop a plan to get there in 80 years, it really won't make much difference in the plan for it to take 800 years.

If we head for there, the point will not be for the people who board the spacecraft on earth to arrive safely. It will be for their decendents to arrive safely.

I know I'm jsut saying it's still a good distance from us but in retrospect were very close, does that make sense?

I think the fact that it is 20 light years away is not much of an issue when discussing our 'moving in'. It's unlikely we'll ever travel at a significant portion of the speed of light, and even if we do (and manage not to kill ourselves as we crash into a pebble), as you say it could take 80 years to get there. If we can develop a plan to get there in 80 years, it really won't make much difference in the plan for it to take 800 years.

If we head for there, the point will not be for the people who board the spacecraft on earth to arrive safely. It will be for their decendents to arrive safely.