Potbelly

J J Thompson

Hi everyone,

Is it true that alcohol e.g beer can cause big belly or potbelly.

Yes.

And what are the biological side effect of consuming excess alcohol.

Thanks

J J Thompson

You get drunk.

I'm not sure what you want to discuss. It helps if you are more specific.

Everyone's bodies responds differently to various toxins. That's why some people don't drink more than a beer or two before stopping and others drink huge amounts until they're staggering drunk and still others can't stand the effects of alcohol at all.

People's bodies store fat in different ways as well. Some people carry excess weight in their bellies, close to their center of gravity, while others tend to gain weight more evenly distributed over their whole bodies, and still others store fat in their hips and thighs.

You can't really make generalizations about the effects of excessive alcohol and calories on whole populations. As CaptainPanic suggested, if you can be more specific, then specific answers are easier to give.

Thanks all, I just want to know side effect of drinking excess alcohol.

Please help

Here are two Wikipedia articles about excessive alcohol intake, one for short-term effects and one for long-term effects. Both will give you an overview depending on the perspective you wish to take. Just click the underlined links.

Personally, I think the worst effect of excessive alcohol is the mental impairment. If you're drinking too much, your brain isn't capable of as much rational thought, and your judgement about whether you're drinking too much is impaired. It's a vicious circle that's hard to free yourself from.

Thanks all, I just want to know side effect of drinking excess alcohol.

Please help

Side effect? Or the main effect?

First of all, there is more than 1 side effect. For example, marriage can be a side effect of excess alcohol. Or, indeed the end of a marriage can also be a side effect. I think the list is too long for this thread. To make a list of all the side effects might break the internet.

More seriously, there are so many sources for the effects and side-effects (long term & short term) of alcohol use (small amounts, medium, lots, too much (=alcoholism))... did you even try to search yourself? Google gives thousands of useful hits.

To ask this question here sounds a little lazy, if I am honest. Sorry that I don't help.

Thank you all. I myself I don't drink alcohol I just wanted to help a friend that all. I told him personally too much consumption of it cause liver, kidney problem.

It's almost guaranteed that if your friend drinks excessively enough that he has problems with his internal organs, he will have had hundreds of other problems first. If he lives that long. Many excessive drinkers end up making lethal decisions, causing their own death or the death of others.

Is it OK with you, JJ, if I change the title of this thread to Potbelly / Excessive Drinking?

1331646581[/url]' post='664943']

Everyone's bodies responds differently to various toxins. That's why some people don't drink more than a beer or two before stopping and others drink huge amounts until they're staggering drunk and still others can't stand the effects of alcohol at all.

People's bodies store fat in different ways as well. Some people carry excess weight in their bellies, close to their center of gravity, while others tend to gain weight more evenly distributed over their whole bodies, and still others store fat in their hips and thighs.

You can't really make generalizations about the effects of excessive alcohol and calories on whole populations. As CaptainPanic suggested, if you can be more specific, then specific answers are easier to give.

It's not fat it is a swollen liver, plus it shrinks regions of the brain in mice.