Men's fashions

ewmon

Hmm... I think we must be talking about different suits. Mine cost about a thousand less than that, generally about $7-800, and I usually get them on sale (which means I pay even less). My thinking was:

Lower range: $200-400

Mid range: $500-900

Upper mid range: $1,000-1,300

High range: $1,400-$3,000

Opulent: >$3,000

I've never had more than a mid-range suit.

Also, the most expensive Boss suit I can see at the link I provided is about $900. Not sure where the 1700 is coming from.

Edited by iNow

...$1,700 is LOWER TO MID RANGE??????

Shoes go for that:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/product.jsp?isEditorial=false&index=2&masterId=cat000550&itemId=prod58340020&cmCat=cat000000cat000470cat000550cat9250740&parentId=cat9250740

In 2008 I almost bought these $1400 Gucci Boots in purple:

http://mynextshoes.net/2008/11/03/the-classy-gucci-fringed/

I held myself back though . . . . something to do in my 40's.

...$1,700 is LOWER TO MID RANGE??????

... for a car.

I should have mentioned that I can't afford a champagne appetite on a beer budget. Considering everyone's advice, I think I need to stick with a traditional [and inexpensive] suit.

... for a car.

I should have mentioned that I can't afford a champagne appetite on a beer budget. Considering everyone's advice, I think I need to stick with a traditional [and inexpensive] suit.

I think you are wise - it would probably not be a good idea to be wearing more expensive clothes than your interviewer(s)!

You can find lots of really solid online deals... Often 70-80% off. Go get measured, order your size, and use the money you saved for the tailoring. Could still probably pull a good look off in the $200-300 range (maybe with Jos.A.Bank and a quick scan of the dealnews type sites).

... for a car.

My experience has been that most anything that is brand new looks good. It is only after wear and tear that the differences in quality show up. I think you'll be just as successful with an inexpensive suit as an expensive one.

Not sure why I didn't think of this before. You can also try Banana Republic or Express Mens. They have nice stuff within a reasonable price range.

Even Men's Warehouse is pretty solid.