Which Degree?

savethegibbons

Hello,

After dabbling with science on an amateur/foundation level for a year, I have decided to pursue a BSc in one of the science fields. However, I'm torn between physics, biology and chemistry, all of which I find appealing.

Since I feel attracted to them all, particularly modern physics and biochemistry, which one would provide the best employment opportunities in the future? It seems at first glance that chemistry and biochemistry would provide the best opportunities, but would it be possible to study physics on the undergraduate level and then study electrical or mechanical engineering on the postgraduate level? That might cover both bases :D.

Thanks for any help, this decision is really tearing me apart!

Hopefully I will be posting here much more often in the future :)

Hello,

After dabbling with science on an amateur/foundation level for a year, I have decided to pursue a BSc in one of the science fields. However, I'm torn between physics, biology and chemistry, all of which I find appealing.

Since I feel attracted to them all, particularly modern physics and biochemistry, which one would provide the best employment opportunities in the future? It seems at first glance that chemistry and biochemistry would provide the best opportunities, but would it be possible to study physics on the undergraduate level and then study electrical or mechanical engineering on the postgraduate level? That might cover both bases :D.

Thanks for any help, this decision is really tearing me apart!

Hopefully I will be posting here much more often in the future :)

Some schools let you come up with custom disciplines. You could combine some of them or major in one and minor in another. There are disciplines of biochem, biophysics, and chemical physics, so it's not like choosing one excludes the others.

Do what you enjoy the most. Also recognize that choosing one doesn't really lock you in to anything. There are jobs out there where diversity of knowledge would be valued.

Some schools let you come up with custom disciplines. You could combine some of them or major in one and minor in another. There are disciplines of biochem, biophysics, and chemical physics, so it's not like choosing one excludes the others.

Do what you enjoy the most. Also recognize that choosing one doesn't really lock you in to anything. There are jobs out there where diversity of knowledge would be valued.