Never ending circle?

Hi, if all the energy in the whole universe does not leave the universe & in time (Billions/Trillions) of years when all the black holes join together & go back to the start, like it was at the start of time, The energy that has been "retrieved" is at one point again. Now as I understand it that mixed energy could be in any state until such a time something happens until the " right mix is made" to create another Big Bang which starts off the whole cycle again, If the was the case would not the universe itself be constant energy?? Thanks for any feedback

Hi, if all the energy in the whole universe does not leave the universe & in time (Billions/Trillions) of years when all the black holes join together & go back to the start, like it was at the start of time, The energy that has been "retrieved" is at one point again. Now as I understand it that mixed energy could be in any state until such a time something happens until the " right mix is made" to create another Big Bang which starts off the whole cycle again, If the was the case would not the universe itself be constant energy?? Thanks for any feedback

Yes, the (combined) laws of conservation of mass and energy apply to the whole universe.

Unfortunately (or, actually, I don't really care), the universe seems to be expanding, and to do so in an accelerated way... so to our best knowledge, it seems there might never be a moment when all black holes come back together.

Ok, so when all the energy is spent expanding it will have to return? As is can't expand forever? Or if the presure of expandtion is so great it would "pop" the fabric of space? The energy might still not be lost as it might be part of something else? But noting is infinite, everything has a limit? Even the universe?

Ok, so when all the energy is spent expanding it will have to return? As is can't expand forever? Or if the presure of expandtion is so great it would "pop" the fabric of space? The energy might still not be lost as it might be part of something else? But noting is infinite, everything has a limit? Even the universe?

As far as I understood, we don't really know why the universe is expanding in an accelerated way. So, our understanding of just what kind of energy we have is failing. Also, we cannot seem to find the majority of the mass of the universe. We know there must be something else, but we're not exactly sure what it is.

That's why our current models assume "dark matter" and "dark energy". We just had to give it a name...

But from the observations made so far, there are no signs that the universe plans to return to its very dense original state. There are no signs that the universe wouldn't expand forever... and never return.

And I have no idea what you mean by popping the fabric of space, or why nothing can be infinite. Why wouldn't something go on forever? As far as I understood, we don't really know if there is anything beyond the furthest point we can see.

But I am no expert.

As far as I understood, we don't really know why the universe is expanding in an accelerated way. So, our understanding of just what kind of energy we have is failing. Also, we cannot seem to find the majority of the mass of the universe. We know there must be something else, but we're not exactly sure what it is.

That's why our current models assume "dark matter" and "dark energy". We just had to give it a name...

But from the observations made so far, there are no signs that the universe plans to return to its very dense original state. There are no signs that the universe wouldn't expand forever... and never return.

And I have no idea what you mean by popping the fabric of space, or why nothing can be infinite. Why wouldn't something go on forever? As far as I understood, we don't really know if there is anything beyond the furthest point we can see.

But I am no expert.

As I'm no expert either, It could be just a once off thing that happens for no reason & can never be explained. Popping space fabric is a picture I have of the elements that holds up the planets & keep things in "order" maybe it is infinite, I thought with black holes making holes in space time, that space time could be concidered a type of "fabric" & because it held the elements that created the big bang it probably be strong to withstand the expand, Thanks for the feedback.