Need For Speed Underground 2

I've just got the game and installed it...

for player name it wont let me put 'Jonathan' because its too long!!!! so i've just put 5614 instead.

its a bit different from the first, seems quite good, one review said 40 hours game + unlimimted internet multiplayer.

my first impression:

quite good, fun, (outta easy, normal, hard) im finding normal mode quite easy, so if you want a challenge (and you're good at this type of game) - you'd better set it on hard mode before you start.

I've just got the game and installed it...

for player name it wont let me put 'Jonathan' because its too long!!!! so i've just put 5614 instead.

its a bit different from the first, seems quite good, one review said 40 hours game + unlimimted internet multiplayer.

my first impression:

quite good, fun, (outta easy, normal, hard) im finding normal mode quite easy, so if you want a challenge (and you're good at this type of game) - you'd better set it on hard mode before you start.

Seems a lot better than the original, especially the explore mode. I'm going to attempt to complete it tonight whilst my girlfriend's out at work :P

The major problem with the first one was it just got extorionately tedious after about 40 races or so. At least with this one you have to use your brain a bit and get around by yourself.

so basically, like GTA you get to go around, go to shops for the upgrades and look around for missions.

i dont think it is a vast improvement (on the whole) from the first one. sure its a good game, but if your looking for better than need for speed underground (NFSU) then this may not fill all criteria.

however saying that NFSU was named (by most game-ing tables) the best racing game ever of its time, so it'd be hard to beat.

a worthy follow through with many minor changes making more of NFSU without making it too repetative.

basically, the stuff which stops is from being boring is there (ie. its not boring)! but at the same time its not the mos amazing game ever.... although thinking about it, compared to other RACING games (not any games) it is very good!

one review said 40hrs play time, probably more if you consider mucking around time, so a worthy buy.

• 4 weeks later...

also me and my friend were kinda racing each other to finish the game and we were both on ~+60% and then the next day he goes "ive finished it" and im didnt know how he could have possibly dont 40% in one night considering that 40% is meant to be more than 24 hrs of play!!!!

anyway it turned out that when he was on ~66% he got the you've completed the game message.

that night i completed the game at 70%

what is going on here? when you complete it (without ruining the story line) you get told you've completed the game and should return to your garage to re-race any races you may have raced in the past and that there are no more races left in the world... end of game... at only 70%

whats going on?