Laser colors and target colors...

Externet

HI.

A red laser beam aimed to a red-tinted clear glass will pass trough ?

A red laser hitting an opaque red target will bounce or be absorbed ?

A red laser will bounce or pass trough a yellow-tinted clear glass ?

A red laser hitting an opaque yellow target will bounce or be absorbed ?

-Assume same colors are same wavelengths-

What are the rules, where can I find knowledge to predict the behavior for many color permutations ?

Safety goggles protect for a specific wavelength laser or for all wavelengths below the selected one ?

Safety goggles protect by reflecting or by absorbing the light and dissipating it on the lens without allowing to pass trough ?

Unless the item is fluorescing or incandescent, the color is given by the wavelengths that are reflected rather than absorbed. Laser safety goggle for red/NIR are aqua in color — the absorb at the red end, so whatever is left over looks blue. Most safety goggles I've used are cutoff filters (high or low possibly band pass) but you can get other optics that are for a specific wavelength, so I imagine safety goggles can be made that way as well.

Red light will pass through red glass but not tend to pass through yellow — it will be absorbed, though some light is always reflected. Opaque just means you lose the option of transmission.