MP3 or RAM

i use my computer most days for quite a while each day - it has 512MB of RAM (with a 2.53GHz proccessor) and ive been thinking of buying another 512MB giving me a total of 1024MB which should give me nice speeds.

alternatively i could buy (for a similar price) a 512MB MP3 player (which also doubles up as a USB key, or USB stick or whatever YOU call the USB device which plugs into the USB port and takes the data off it!)

i currently have a minidisk... advantage of an MP3 would be that its smaller, cheaper, so i dont have to worry so much about safety and the fact that its a USB key.

however with the RAM i would use it everyday - i have CDs for data transfer and a mini disk for music.

which should i get?

i dont want to spend money on both... please dont say you dont care, if you dont, fine, i dont wanna here that, i want to hear the honest view of those kind enough to care! ;)

I went from 128meg to 1024 so I know the awesome use of RAM. But, if dont enjoy your minidisk, might I suggest a cheap alternative to the ordinary MP3. I have this little thing called a DanDisk CruzerMicro MP3 Companion. You basically stick a mini USB flash memory thing in there, and it plays all the audio tracks.

http://www.sandisk.com/pressrelease/20040108a.html

how much music can 512MB hold in MP3s? about 400 minutes worth? that's a good... 50-80 songs, about. and extra space can be used to transfer files from one computer to another... would you need that?

512MB RAM is plenty for normal computer activities. however, if you are a hardcore gamer, 1024MB RAM would be much better.

if your video card is fairly advanced, and your sound card is fairly advanced, and your processor is fairly advanced, and you want to play the newer games, then i suggest the RAM

if you don't use your computer for games, and you have music that you would like to be able to fit in one small player, or you would have a good use for a larger floppy disk, then i suggest the player.

can you find me a 1/2 gig stick (pc2700) for £40? i've found for ~£50

512MB MP3's on ebay are about £45

http://search.ebay.co.uk/512mb_512-MB_W0QQcatrefZC12QQsacategoryZ80019QQsoloctogZ9QQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1

(those prices are mainly auctions which will go up to ~£45

also i could get a green laser :(

soo much to buy, so little spare money :(((

yeah, but you see even that it their own make and its value and its £47 inc VAT + postage (probably). so i think i've found it cheaper... but as you can see, they're are similar prices and even the RAM might be a bit more expnesive.

i think that i wanna get the RAM and the green laser pen... not MP3 as i really want the other two, i have CDs and im ok with my minidisk - but i probably wont buy until later in month christmas sales or even the jan sales.