morin staining of aluminium in plant

please has anyone tracked the accummulation of aluminium in fruits using morin staining? I have two sets of fruit samples- one set treated with aluminum, and the other is not treated. normally the treated fruit shld show fluorescence when stained with morin since Al forms a green fluorescence complex with morin, while the non-treated should show little or no fluorescence. But when I observe the fruits under a fluorescence microscope after staining with morin at exciter 400-450 and emission 500-550, both the treated and non-treated fruits showed green fluorescence all over the fruits. Am confused on what actually the problem is. i really need assistance. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

If all your experiment is right, it might simply mean that you cannot influence the aluminium concentration in the fruit by supplying additional aluminium to the plant (since it is controlled by the organism, like most substances).

I assume that by using the word "treated with aluminium" you mean supplying aluminium ions in watering the plants. :)

Or hobby gardeners know that Hydrangea actually absorbe aluminium but only at very acidic pH in the soil.

Edited by Jens